“Tour with mark!”

London Alternative Tour
Ranked #1 of 1,281 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer a free walking tour of London, which allows everyone, no matter of budget, to fully discover the most visited city in Europe. Our expert guides share with you their personal stories and insights during an intriguing, 2.5 - 3 hour English or Spanish language overview walking tour. The Free Tour starts daily at 11 AM & 1 PM by Wellington Arch
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had such a lovely experience, really funny and interesting! Learned a lot about london and it's history!

There are newer reviews for SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I'd definitely recommend this tour for everyone! It's perfect as an introduction to the Westminster part of London, and you just have to go back to know a little bit more about the places that attracted you the most after - because you have to follow the dynamic of the group during the tour.

Mark had a hard task because was snowing, winding and freezing. But he provided us a great tour anyway, lot of curious facts - king henry VIII wives, the fifth of November, how Buckingham became the main royal palace. I wouldn't change anything.

Edinburgh and London, nice job Sandesman's crew!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Although it was super cold, our tour guide Charlotte from Kaukapakapa (copy-pasted from below) was so entertaining I couldnt help but keep going! Lots of small interesting background stories to kings, queens, london history, random london facts, ways to see London on a budget or if you want to spend money to get the extras. Loved the free tour so much I went on another tour the same afternoon. A definite must-do while in London!

2  Thank Denis T
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I did the tour today with Jo, who showed such enthusiasm despite the freezing cold! I can also say that she is probably the nicest person I've ever met, she was so friendly and welcoming. She also invited everyone to the pub afterwards! The tour itself covered lots of the major attractions, and they were covered with just the right mix of factual information and humour. I can't believe it was free as I would of paid good money to go on the tour. If you're planning a visit to london, don't spend money on buses - go on this tour. It really makes you feel welcome in London, if the bus was free - I would rather go on this tour anyway.
Jo did tell us that they are not paid, and essentially rely on tips as income however their was no pressure to do so and I thought it was well deserved. I think I should of tipped more in all honesty. Thank you Sandemans New Europe (and Jo) - I will definitely be back again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This tour was the very first thing I did in London, and it opened the tourist experience right away. We got so see some of the major landmarks all within walking distance. For example, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben/Parliament, and others. They also had another tour that went to every major destination that was not already in the first tour. Rowan was my tour guide and he made the tour the best experience in London. Without him and this tour, I do not think I could have enjoyed London as much as I did.