“Awesome”

London Old City Walking Tour
Ranked #1 of 1,279 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer a free walking tour of London, which allows everyone, no matter of budget, to fully discover the most visited city in Europe. Our expert guides share with you their personal stories and insights during an intriguing, 2.5 - 3 hour English or Spanish language overview walking tour. The Free Tour starts daily at 11 AM & 1 PM by Wellington Arch
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Cheers to doron, or just "d", for making the tour both fun and interesting. The entire idea of the "try before you buy it" is great and worthwhile. I'm positively sure I wouldn't have had so much fun if I've taken one of those "city tour" buses. Totally recommend it!

• Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bayonne, Aquitaine, France
“Awesome, Interesting and funny tour !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Andrew was our guide and his performance made everything! Really friendly and knows a lot of good anecdotes regarding the cities where the people come from. The tour is really interesting and it's the best possibility to learn good stuff about London. We enjoyed so much this tour that we asked Andrew when he would have performed the Old city tour and that's what we did. The second tour is more intimate but still fulfilling and funny. I recommend both of these tours if you want to discover London for a weekend without being stuck in a red and paying a lot.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful, informative, and free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Super fun walking tour of Greater London -- I found out from our knowledgeable tour guide Jo that most of what people think of as London is more in the city of Westminster. The tour's theme was "Royal London" and it was great walking through the different parks, royal residences, and other government buildings around Westminster. There was a diverse group of people in the tour, and it was fun hanging out with then after the 2.5 hour tour at a pub around Westminster Abbey. The guides really love what they do, and only operate on tips; they definitely deserve a big kudos for giving many folks an awesome introduction to this famous metropolis.

Berlin, Germany
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our guide was funny, but so was the class clown in highschool. I felt this guy probably paid about the same attention in history class as well.

1 Thank KristanBerlin
Mark Q, Guest feedback at SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Sorry you didn't like your guide tychonaut. We sent you a private message to ask who the guide was, and we'd still love to find out who it was.

There is a fine line between entertainment and learning, and we feel that a unique mix of humour, facts and stories you won't read in the guide books, is the best way to explore London. Fortunately, the many 5-star responses we receive suggest that the guides we work with are getting this right more often than not, but we want every review to be like this, and there is clearly room for improvement when it comes to your guide.

We look forward to hearing back from you if you get the time, and I hope you would consider giving us a second chance, whereupon I'm sure you'd discover that a mediocre tour is an exception to it, rather than the rule!
London, England, United Kingdom
“The best sandeman tour ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was my third tour with Sandeman and it was the best ever. Our guide was Sonja. She knows how to make her tour so informative but also super fun. She has excellent background on history and literature; I wish I could record every moment in the informative tour. After the tour the first thing I did was to buy a British history book as she made me so excited about it. And she was so kind to share a beer with us in the pub so we could continue our interesting conversations a bi more.
(Ohh, and it was a free tour but I wish I could tip more than I did.)