“Exceptional lunch experience”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Victoria
Description: Set between Belgravia and Knightsbridge, Petrus by Gordon Ramsay is a Michelin starred restaurant serving exceptional modern French cuisine. With a spectacular circular dining room boasting a floor-to-ceiling wine cellar at it's heart, Petrus by Gordon Ramsay offers exquisite wines from across the world, including vintages from its namesake Chateau Petrus.
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

I went to have lunch with my friend and decided to try Petrus' lunch menu. For the first we had foie gras parfait which I think it was nice yet the taste was too strong even when you eat it with bread. For the main course we had slow cooked pork which was perfect but it did not that stand out. To close, I had choux which was really amazing. The choux was one of my favourites and I think it has similar deliciousness with maitre choux

Date of visit: September 2016
GRG R, Guest Relations Manager at Petrus by Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2016

Dear albertusandre,

We are delighted that you chose to dine with us for lunch and had an exceptional experience. We hope you choose to dine with us again in the not too distant future.

Until then best wishes,
Sabrina

Write a reviewReviews (4,081)

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We dined in Petrus on Monday afternoon with no booking required. The restaurants lunch menu is surprisingly good value for money and includes a 4 course meal with a complimentary pre-dessert. It started with a cold amuse bush followed by a duck fois gras, whose presentation was excellent however the accompanying toasted bread was extremely tough and overpowered the taste of the fois gras. Next came the suckling pig which was lovely and tender, cooked well served with cuttle fish which was an unusual choice. Desert was lavender and peach choux, this course wasn't to my personal taste as the lavender was very overpowering. Overall the meal was nice and the customer service was good, attentive staff always improve the experience and it didn't disappoint here.

1  Thank bradleyt125

Dear Bradley T,

Many thanks for your review of your lunch experience with us at Petrus. We are absolutely delighted to hear that we were able to deliver exceptional service, its a shame you found the food served to be only average. Perhaps on your next visit you could try our tasting menu instead.

Look forward to seeing you then!

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

I came from Milan to eat in this famous restaurant! The dinner was amazing, the place is wonderfull like the staff.
I ate the pigeon, belly pork and the famous "lobster raviolo" One of the best things ever tryed!! The chocolate sphere was pure magic.

Dear CiaoChowDJ,

Many thanks for your 5 star review of Petrus. I cant believe you travelled all the way from Milan to try our dishes! I delighted to hear we were able to please, I shall pass your appreciation to all the staff.

Reviewed September 5, 2016

This must be one of the very best of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants. The location is very convenient for me as I live nearby. The style is modern and eclectic.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank Knowledge_is_Bliss
GRG R, Guest Relations Manager at Petrus by Gordon Ramsay, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2016

Dear JRofLONDON,

Many thanks for your positive comments about Petrus. I am happy to see that you found the location to be convenient for you as you live locally, hopefully we shall see you more often!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2016

This is service at its best with a very slick team who are a delight to watch. attention to detail that one would expect and be very pleased to receive. We went for special wedding anniversary lunch on Tuesday 30th August with an offer through Opentable which was excellent value for money including 4 courses and wine and coffee.

To say the food was good is wrong it was superb all courses and the presentation especially the Summer salad starter a work of food art. Thank you for a very special treat.

Date of visit: August 2016

Dear kevin870,

Many thanks for your 5 star review of your experience with us at Petrus. We are delighted to see how happy you were with our superb food and exceptional service.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again with us when you are celebrating your next special occasion or perhaps before then.