“Mouthwatering, and just a bit eyewatering”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #109 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
leicestershire
“Mouthwatering, and just a bit eyewatering”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Dinner at the Chef's Table was a real treat, tasting ten of Ramsay's best dishes after seeing them being prepared. And great dishes they were, from a light beef tartar through roasted salmon, foie gras, lobster and salmon raviolo, cod, pork cooked 4 ways to delicious desserts. Service was superb from the moment we arrived. Interestingly, before we noticed Lauren B's recent report we had put Petrus as second to Le Gavroche. To dine wasn't more expensive than I thought it would be but the wines are that bit eyewatering. We had two bottles of French wine averaging £100 each and at the lower end of the list and they were nothing that would not be found at more modest venues for a quarter of the price.

1 Thank stella317

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
barcelona
“Lived up to the hype...”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

It's always refreshing when a meal lives up to your expectations, and my expectations were high!

The food was exquisite, my girlfriend and I dined from the A La Carte menu, part of me wishes I had gone for the tasting menu, but being able to choose one of the nicest desserts I've ever had more than made up for it, though every course excelled, beautiful flavours and variance of textures! Additionally the wine collection is truly astonishing, and really justifies the restaurant name of Petrus, it's slightly overwhelming but all the wines we had were entirely worthy of the setting.

The service was attentive and very friendly, professional but warm and approachable, they have really found the right balance and there is a real sense of clockwork fluidity to how they coordinate their service.

The setting is also very nice, tasteful and intimate... really I struggle to find any complaint.

10/10.

east sussex
“petrus is a must”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

An excellent experience, felt thoroughly spoilt. The food was the best I've ever had and I will deinatly be going there again.

London
“Pleasant Lunch”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I went to Petrus for lunch earlier in the year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I would rate it as the second best restaurant I have been to, after Le Gavroche. We didn't go for the set menu but everything that we ordered was well executed, beautifully presented and enjoyable. The staff were welcoming and the atmosphere was relaxed. Because of the Michelin Sat status, I expected the restaurant to be slightly clinical and potentially pretentious however it was the complete opposite. The was a homely feel about the restaurant, helped by its location tucked away off the main drag. I would definitely return.

• Visited February 2014
London
“Good Food - but don't use a Red Letter Day voucher”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had lunch at Petrus today and can't fault their food or service. The attention to detail is amazing. To anyone thinking of buying a Red Letter Day voucher for Petrus my advice is DONT. I purchased a voucher for the 5 course tasting menu for £150 for 2 people. What I basically received was the £35 per head lunch menu with a 'taste bud appetiser' and a sorbet, neither of which was worth anything near the extra £80.

If you want to give someone a meal here my advice would be to buy a voucher direct from the restaurant themselves.

4 Thank blueboy0461

Been to Petrus? Share your experiences!