“Pleasant Lunch”

Petrus
Ranked #108 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
London
“Pleasant Lunch”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I went to Petrus for lunch earlier in the year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I would rate it as the second best restaurant I have been to, after Le Gavroche. We didn't go for the set menu but everything that we ordered was well executed, beautifully presented and enjoyable. The staff were welcoming and the atmosphere was relaxed. Because of the Michelin Sat status, I expected the restaurant to be slightly clinical and potentially pretentious however it was the complete opposite. The was a homely feel about the restaurant, helped by its location tucked away off the main drag. I would definitely return.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
“Good Food - but don't use a Red Letter Day voucher”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Had lunch at Petrus today and can't fault their food or service. The attention to detail is amazing. To anyone thinking of buying a Red Letter Day voucher for Petrus my advice is DONT. I purchased a voucher for the 5 course tasting menu for £150 for 2 people. What I basically received was the £35 per head lunch menu with a 'taste bud appetiser' and a sorbet, neither of which was worth anything near the extra £80.

If you want to give someone a meal here my advice would be to buy a voucher direct from the restaurant themselves.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank blueboy0461
Alexandria, Virginia
“What a marvelous experience!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I took a Masterclass at Pertrus a couple years ago as part of my farewell round-up before leaving London, and it was the most extraordinary cooking experience I've ever had. There were five of us in the class so we got lots of hands-on training in preparing our four-course meal. The staff demonstrated the dishes for us and then we made our version of the dishes. It was such a memorable experience that I wanted to do it again. I have to find my pics of the experience to upload them. The food, even though we prepared, it was nothing short of 5-star, and we were treated to specially selected wines to accompany the courses. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a fantastic culinary experiene to look for the Masterclasses at Petrus!

• Visited April 2013
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“An excellent experience allround”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

An fantastic experience from start to finish. We had a lunch for two from the set menu and everything that we ordered was beautifully presented and tasted just as good. The service was of a very high quality, without being over the top. For lunch the three courses (plus bite sized treats in between courses) left us suitable full and we just about managed to squeeze in a coffee each, which were served with chocolate dusted almonds and some high quality chocolates.

I would recommend Petrus for an intimate meal for two or a small celebration. Hopefully you will be treated as well as we were.

• Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Always good”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Visited a few times in the past and always have a good experience here.
Great ambiance, impeccable service and the food is fabulous
Wine list is a little daunting if you're not an expert but the staff certainly take the time to find the right one for your taste.
Pricey but worth it!
Will be back soon....

• Visited February 2014

Been to Petrus? Share your experiences!