“faultless...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Petrus
Ranked #105 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
midlands
“faultless...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have often fancied myself as a food/restaurant critic, but having been here ive realised I couldn't do it!! last year I dined at the Dorchester - with 3 Michelin stars, and last week I dined at petrus with 1 star. I couldn't tell the difference. The Dorchester is very opulent and spacious, and if im critical, Petrus is a little squashed, and the décor not to everyones liking... but the food!! the food!! was just wonderful. we had an amuse bouche of beetroot and onion powder... very tasty, sharp, and refreshing. for starter I had a crab and lobster cannelloni served with a lemon cream jus. it was very tasty, quite rich, and with strong flavours. and the foam - unlike others, it didn't melt and end up like saliva, but it held its form and texture, and tasted so strongly of lemon... delish. my children had a slow poached duck egg that was so rich and creamy.. lovely.
for mains I had a piece of Pollock, on a bed of assorted items!! the fish was perfectly cooked - quite firm and crispy outside and very soft and milky inside. my son had ox chhek and horseradish flavoured pomme puree - again, delish, and my daughter had a meat dish with most delicious mushroom stuffed cabbage leaf.
then we had a pre dessert of a mini cornet filled with passionfruit ice cream.
I had cheese for dessert - a very well stocked cheese board, my daughter had banana millefeuille, which was heavenly, and my son had the signature dessert - chocolate sphere. very theatrical
the service was impeccable, the wine very reasonably priced, but.... the absolutely best part was that the set Saturday 3 course lunch was a mere £35. yes, £35 what a bargain. such good value - I would have paid far more - £50 would not be unreasonable.... I just cannot wait to go again
and, as it was my birthday - not a landmark, just another year gone by, I was presented with a macaroon on a slate bed, coated in white chocolate.... very tasty.
so, to summarise, this was perfection on a plate - everything that we all had was wonderful, and every bit as good as the Dorchester, but somewhat better value.
thank you to everyone at Petrus.

• Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“An incredible birthday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I went here for my birthday lunch and had one of the most enjoyable dining experiences ever. Staff were helpful and extremely friendly and attentive, the menu was varied and excellent. Foie gras starter was almost too large! but absolutely delicious. It is very much a place to go for a special occasion as along with the excellent food you feel that you have had an all round 'experience' of what fine dining really is. We had the most charming time and will go back on every occasion possible! Also the wine was wonderful, I tried a Hungarian red that I would not normally have chosen and it was one of the best I have tasted.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ireland
“Excellent, once again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

This was my 3rd time dining in Petrus. Once again, it was excellent. We ordered the tasting menu with wine pairing. Food was delicious, service was attentive and in no way overbearing or snobbish - just right. Between all the courses on the tasting menu, and the numerous extras, there was no way I was going home hungry. First time I tried the wine pairing in any restaurant and I wasn't particularly enamoured with it, but that's a matter of personal taste I suppose. Expensive, but worth it for an occasion.

• Visited December 2013
Belgrade, Serbia
“superb !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

First of all, at the first glance the interior seems, somewhat surprisingly, very special although it is rather simple and unpretentious, decorated in neutral colours. This may be due to the clever use of natural lighting coming from two sides and exploiting the rays of afternoon sun to create a magical, heavenly atmosphere.

The service is on the very top of what I've seen in Michelin-starred restaurants. The same goes for food. Definitely the best I've had in the UK and fully at the level of the very best three-star Parisian restaurants. As it should be at this level of cooking, the meal here is more of the art event than feeding.

Overwhelmed, with deep admiration to the modest chef (whom we met during the surprise kitchen tour) and all the staff!!!

• Visited January 2014
London
“Amazing lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I took my mum here for lunch for her birthday and we had the most fantastic time. We arrived at 12 noon and had theatre tickets for 2:30 so went with the a la carte menu as opposed to the tasting menu. Everything was fantastic, the service was impeccable, each course was delivered beautifully and we couldn't find a single fault with anything.

Going to definitely return!

• Visited March 2013