“Good for any occasions”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Went on weekday evening but full of guests. Foods were good and service was particularly best, friendly and warm welcoming. Can not think of this is one of Gordon's
Will recommend to anyone who has warm hearted

There are newer reviews for Petrus

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I booked a meal at Petrus for my 30th birthday and I wasn't disappointed. Service was great, attentive and chatty when necessary but left you alone when you needed them too! Food was spectacular, one of the best I've had in London.

One waiter in particular helped us decide on what cheeses to select from the cheeseboard with his expert knowledge which was much appreciated!

Petrus surprised me with a macaroon (which was delicious) with a candle as a birthday treat. I was very pleased with that! Ideal setting for a special occasion.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was our first visit to Petrus and unfortunately we won't be able to afford to come back too often, but we certainly will return. The food is amazing, the staff attentive, friendly and as a previous reviewer stated they have the balance correct between formal and chatty. Petrus is expensive, but it is worth it and if like us you want to go somewhere special, somewhere where you'll be treated well, but still feel comfortable and relaxed then try Petrus. It is the little things and the attention to the detail that is amazing from the complimentary snacks to the 'rest' for my partner's handbag so that it did not sit on the floor, everything was lovely and as I said before the staff were great too and so of course the food.

1  Thank sillysamosa
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We went to Petrus for my wife's 30th birthday as I really wanted something special.... And it was!!
We had the chef's menu with the wines as well.
The food was simply amazing. Everything was gorgeous.
And food just kept coming!! There are 5 courses on the menu but the were amuse bouches and other various delights.
The service at Petrus is unbelievably good... Attentive, friendly but not intrusive!
The people are SO lovely.
An example of just the details. When I got up to find the men's room, as soon as I was out my seat a waiter gently mentioned 'this way, sir' . And when I came back to the table, my tablecloth had been nicely folded at my place. Silly details, but adds to the whole experience.
Oh... I had the specials starter with white truffle which is well worth getting!
The wines that came with the menu were all fantastic and went brilliantly with each dish... In a way that the wine seemed to match the aftertaste of the food and then add something extra... AMAZING!
Loved the whole experience.
For planning purposes, dinner does last 3.5-4hrs. loved every second!

1  Thank Taupe78
Reviewed November 16, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited in October for her 30th bday treat. We both had the chef's menu and they adapted the vegetarian menu to give her that option. The food was amazing and the service was top draw. The staff couldn't do enough for you and explained every dish that was brought out. It all made for a brilliant night.

1  Thank Adam W