“Must visit!!!”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
London, United Kingdom
“Must visit!!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

An experience to remember. Great staff with an amazing service, perfect food, amazing Chocolate Sphere for dessert. What else do you need? We paid 120£ including bottle of wine and a private tour in their kitchen!!!take a break for a 3 hours meal and do not miss!!! Highly recommended!!

2 Thank InfectedMushroom1

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thoroughly enjoyed attentive wait staff”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had reservations at 10pm and were not seated until 10:30pm. However, the staff did a wonderful job making small talk and bringing us hors d'oeuvres as we waited. The 4 of us opted to try the 3 course meal and purposely order a different app, entree, and dessert so we could have a taste of "everything." I'm glad we did, because my husband and I had the best appetizer, and our friends had the best entrees. Throughout our meal we were given 2 additional appetizers and 3 desserts on the house for our wait. Such a welcome surprise!! We even had the chance to visit the kitchen and meet the chef/staff. I had to give it 4 stars only because while I enjoyed it overall... my friends appetizer and my main course was also hands down the worst food I've ever put in my mouth! I'm glad we went though, as majority of the food was really good and it's an experience in itself! It was our first visit to London and I find myself talking more about the restaurant than I do about the Buckingham and Kensington Palace!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SKCK09
Weybridge, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a table d'hote lunch which was excellent in every respect. I can't sing its praises enough.
The food was delicious, decor and atmosphere perfect, exemplary service, light and airy.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Richard49014
GLASGOW
“So having waited six months to visit Petrus, was it worth the wait?”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having read all the reviews our expectations were exceptionally high. Nice welcome and we were taken to our table straight away. Food overall was of an excellent standard, however, both my starter and main course were warm but not hot. Flavours were excellent but portion sizes were disappointing, especially when we had ordered from the A la Carte menu. Bread was fantastic and my wife's favourite course was the famous chocolate sphere. All in all a lovely meal and would recommend for a high end meal whilst in London but I was expecting to be blown away and I wasn't, it was simply really good. Had to ask twice for our bill and when it came there was an error. That merited a visit to the kitchen and an opportunity to meet the head chef which was a nice experience. So to answer the question, was it worth the wait I guess it was but I wouldn't rush back. The following evening we ate at the Wolseley, different experience but I would rush back there.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank REVIEWKINGGlasgow
ruislip
“be careful”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

just be careful with the drinks. Tried in vain to order house champagne, got very persuaded to opt for "more creamy choice", which we did, and on attempting to reorder was told that it was the last bottle. Tried again to order the house champagne, which I had been drinking by the glass on arrival, but again the sommelier was kept trying to push us onto something else... "something more creamy sir, and which will go better with the food sir". I found this slightly disturbing, as we had not even ordered our food yet. found the sommelier very very pushy, but this time we stood our ground, and insisted on the house. After all, if they serve it as the house drink, then it should be good enough!!!. The sommelier returned with the same brand as the house, but with a different label. I insisted they serve us a bottle of the house.
On paying the bill, we discovered that the first bottle was priced at £259, and the house, at an amazing £159. Nothing special, just well well overpriced for a house champagne.
the service also was not what I have experienced in other Michelin star restaurants. had to continually raise our voices to be served, as the waiters seemed to be in a world of their own.

• Visited November 2013