“Fantastic birthday lunch”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I brought my boyfriend here for lunch on his birthday. We both ate from the lunch menu which is fantastic value for money. By the time we had added a few nice glasses of wine the bill was hardly cheap but it was worth every penny.

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is a little subdued but that made for a really relaxing experience.

All of the food we ordered tasted beautiful and there are also a few little surprises which made the whole experience even better.

1  Thank SWAn1980
There are newer reviews for Petrus

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having eaten in many top class restaurants I can happily confirm that Petrus has exceeded all expectations to become our No. 1 place . Excellent service food and atmosphere, well worth the price. We will be back.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Food excellent however the service could be better. Although I knew that I was going to be at Petrus for the evening, we arrived at 20:15 and received our menus 15 minutes later. We had to ask for a wine list, we then had to ask to order wine and finally we had to ask if our wine was coming! Not what I would expect for this restaurant however the food was absolutely incredible. Would I go back again? No, but this hasn't put me off the other restaurants in this group.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I went to Petrus with 3 of my friends for my 30th birthday, I mentioned when I booked (6months in advance) that it was for my birthday, and they had not forgotten. Every course was bought to me first and there was a lovely macaroon at the end with happy birthday and a candle. The food was out of this world, the staff were brilliant and attentive, the whole evening was relaxed and very enjoyable

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had our dinner at Petrus the last day of our stay in London, and it was perfect! We chose the chef's menu with the assorted wines and we weren't disappointed . Although the price of the wines was a little higher from the food, it did worth it. We had different wines with every plate that we wouldn't have chosen otherwise. The food was as it was expected from all the reviews I had read, tasteful and perfect presented. All the waiters were polite and made our dinner unforgettable ! I would recommend it for special occasions!

2  Thank JoannaN337