“Amazing”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great great great!! You must visit this restaurant if your in London. The food is amazing the wine list is excellent and the little touches in between courses just finish the whole experience off. Yes it's pricey but well worth every penny. Book well in advanced or you won't get a table!!

3  Thank Peatfield8
Write a ReviewReviews (3,636)

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My first impression was that I was watching a "ballet" of service.

As soon as we were seated, the staff attended to us with graceful precision...all very well coordinated. Every detail of fine dining was observed.

Yet it was not at all "stuffy". Staff were all friendly, courteous, and helpful. While Gordon Ramsey has a TV reputation of being brash and coarse, the restaurant staff was the exact opposite.

Everything we ordered was perfectly prepared and full of flavor.

Tables are well spaced and the dining room is very comfortable.

You pay dearly for all this. But if you are looking for a special dining experience, consider Petrus.

4  Thank pacosmom

Quite simply splendid.

Staff are all a credit to the management and their training.

Very spacious and pretty venue. A trip to the kitchen was a treat.

Food is to die for. I had a bespoke rabbit dish as a starter , rabbit a number of ways ! Stunning, absolutely delightful, and had I had a van and mask with me the chef may well have been kidnapped and held captive to cook this dish on command.

A fantastic experience, a wonderful meal, well done.

1  Thank GREENBUSH
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Thank you Petrus for a wonderful lunch. My husband and I visited earlier today to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, having recently wandered past the restaurant combined with reading all the great reviews on TA, we couldn't resist seeing whether or not all the positive comments were warranted.

I must say, we weren't dissapointed! From start to end, we had a wonderful experience. The food and service were excellent and the ambience was superb. We chose the 3 course, £30 per head lunch menu which we have to say, was amazing value for money. My husband had the Beef Tartare to start and I had the Asparagus Veloute with soft egg and duck confit - both were delicious. For main, we both then had the Saddle of Rabbit with Foie Gras Ballatoine - so rich and tasty - even with the broad beans which neither of us thought we liked! We're not dessert people so we both had the cheese selection of which there was a great selection. The wines were slightly pricey but not for this standard of restaurant, we had a great St. Emillion for £46 followed by an exceptional bottle of South African Dessert wine. The service we received was excellent and our macarons to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary were a very special complimentary touch. To top everything off, we were also given a tour of the Kitchen in which all the team were more than happy for us to be there and speak with them, even though they were so busy. Not sure we'd like to work their hours!!! Thoroughly recommend this restaurant, we're looking forward to returning. Thank you Petrus.

2  Thank LizzieOHLondon
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I had three courses - scallops that were tasteless really, pork belly that was really nice and the honeycomb/choc dessert which was pretty good. I was not unhappy with my meal as it was overall really nice - I just expected better for the price/name and rating on trip advisor.

The staff are very polite and good at their job.

3  Thank WonderWilma