“The best service!”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Reviewed May 16, 2013

It is one of the best restrains in the world. Everything was perfect! We were surprised and we are fond of it!

1  Thank Demiol
There are newer reviews for Petrus

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our first London dinner at Petrus. The food was excellent from start to end, and we loved the various treats in between courses. The highlight was the light and tasty chocolate sphere which my husband still mentions how fantastic it was occasionally. The service was attentive and we even got the chance to visit the kitchen downstairs. A must-try if you visit London and can get a table.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

It took us a few years to give Petrus a go as we were concerned how much of the glowing reviews were just hype. Silly us, as it turned out to be the best restaurant, food and service, we've ever experienced.

The restaurant itself is quite small. There is no harsh décor, just classic and simple. There were plenty of staff who were friendly, attentive but not intrusive. We opted for the lunch set menu which taking into account the complimentary courses were good value! The steak tartare and cod were the best I've ever had. I didn't know cod can taste that heavenly. Wine selection is extensive, as you expect, and the price made up for the good value food.

On our way out, we were offered to have a tour of the kitchen which we didn't even plan to and I was given a small dessert to take away.

Thank you to everyone at Petrus for the amazing service. You moved Petit Ermitage, LA to no.2 in our list.

1  Thank cdwc
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was our third visit to Petrus and again, we can't resist putting another excellent review following our visit.

We visiting on Bank Holiday Monday (May Day) and we had a fantastic meal. Warm welcome on arrival, we were shown to our table very quickly. We ordered the lunch time menu which offered lots of good choice and very much enjoyed every dish. The staff is friendly, always asking if we had any special dietary requirements. The dishes come presented with style and the flavours are just gorgeous. The Banana Millefeuilles with Peanut Ice Cream is soooo nice. Well worth finishing a meal with it.

Thank you again to everyone at Petrus.

1  Thank happy_fairy
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We visited Petrus for the first time last Tuesday 7th May and it was amazing. Three of our table had the tasting menu at £75 per person, but being pregnant I didn’t fancy anything too complicated. Although I only chose a starter, main and dessert I was given the Amuse Bouche, slightly ‘tweaked’ for my delicate stomach, and several of the other musings that my table enjoyed. The service was fantastic. Darius looked after us and became a friend the further we continued along our meal experience. He even showed us the kitchens afterwards, which was the perfect end to my husband’s Christmas present, he is also a chef.

Value for money? Definitely.

1  Thank Foxeelad