“Perfect Again... Can't wait to visit again!”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #129 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
UK - South West
“Perfect Again... Can't wait to visit again!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

This was our third visit to Petrus and again, we can't resist putting another excellent review following our visit.

We visiting on Bank Holiday Monday (May Day) and we had a fantastic meal. Warm welcome on arrival, we were shown to our table very quickly. We ordered the lunch time menu which offered lots of good choice and very much enjoyed every dish. The staff is friendly, always asking if we had any special dietary requirements. The dishes come presented with style and the flavours are just gorgeous. The Banana Millefeuilles with Peanut Ice Cream is soooo nice. Well worth finishing a meal with it.

Thank you again to everyone at Petrus.

1 Thank happy_fairy

• Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We visited Petrus for the first time last Tuesday 7th May and it was amazing. Three of our table had the tasting menu at £75 per person, but being pregnant I didn’t fancy anything too complicated. Although I only chose a starter, main and dessert I was given the Amuse Bouche, slightly ‘tweaked’ for my delicate stomach, and several of the other musings that my table enjoyed. The service was fantastic. Darius looked after us and became a friend the further we continued along our meal experience. He even showed us the kitchens afterwards, which was the perfect end to my husband’s Christmas present, he is also a chef.

Value for money? Definitely.

1 Thank Foxeelad
leeds ,UK
“Yes it really is all true!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

The reviews seem too good to be true and we went with realistic expectations.
However on a Tuesday evening the place was packed. Some slightly nervous looking young couples no doubt on special celebrations, a few foodies, a few business people probably blowing the expenses. We had fun guessing the stories. The staff dealt with all of us with fun, politeness and managed to put people at ease we thought.
I cannot add to the glowing praise already running through the previous reviews.
What may be usefull to others is to point out that Petrus offers incredible value for money.
£65 gets three generous courses and various tasting treats. You can buy a glass of wine for a few pounds. You are not forced to buy a bottle of wine for £1000 but you can if you want.
Ask for tap water they do not mind. Do not have coffee.
For £130 plus 12.5% service two people can eat food prepared to a standard we have never seen before.( That includes Marcus Waring at the Berkeley!) Yes it is a lot for ordinary people but how much can you spend on average meals in a chain restaurant?

1 Thank Regdor
London, United Kingdom
“The best food I have ever eaten”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went for the a la carte menu of three courses but by the time you add the extra nibbles there are about eight courses. The extra bits included salmon tartare in watercress foam, foie gras pate on toast, white chocolate and passion fruit mousse and chocolate covered armagnac ice cream. All of this plus sour dough and coffee and petit fours.

To start I had the roast foie gras with rhubarb compote, almond crumble and brioche - absolute heaven! It sounds like a strange combination however it was a perfect match of flavours - the sweet soft foie gras with tart rhubarb and crunchy almond. Perfection on a plate.

For main I had fillet of beef with braised shin, bone marrow and barolo jus. The beef was cooked to perfection but the highlight of the dish was the shin. Such intense flavour, I didn't want it to end!

My dessert was the best dessert I have ever had by miles. No fault at all with perfect flavours. It was even better than most main meals I have ever tried. I had the apple and caramel parfait with an apple liquer chocolate, tart apple puree, apple foam, toffee apple, cinnamon biscuits and star anise chocolate. I was absolutely blown away and I would happily go back just for that dessert - outstanding.

This was topped of with coffee and petit fours and a tour of the kitchens. Overall it was the best fine dining experience I have ever had and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone passionate about food.

1 Thank FoodyKid
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Lovely birthday meal - decided on the Chef's menu. From the very first amuse bouche through to the end, it was absolutely gorgeous. Had foie gras with green apple gel, scallops with cauliflower, pork fillet with suckling, chocolate bombe plus all the other specialties makes this a truly memorable meal. Thank you.

Visited May 2013