“Outstanding”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

After reading the reviews online about this restaurant I knew my expectations would be high, however these were exceeded. The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff make sure they do everything in their power to make sure your needs are met, without being OTT. We opted for the 3 course lunch menu which was outstanding, also other small dishes were brought out in between the meals which were fantastic. The quality of food was exceptional and the staff were very welcoming and friendly. What topped it off was after the meal being invited in the kitchen and meeting everyone. We even got a purple carrot to take home. Thank you for a superb time, we will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,639)

Reviewed May 11, 2013

A pal of mine and I went for lunch. Once again I chose the taster menu, which I have done in other restaurants, same result! I just got bored with so many dishes, I could not remember one dish at all. Having said that the staff were OK, as you would expect from a top restaurant. I could not however think of anything memorable about the place other than its about 200 yards from my place of work so it was handy.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Outstanding food and service that shouldn't be missed on a visit to London. My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience.

Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This is without a doubt faultless.

Everytime I go it surpasses expectation!

The food wine, location, setting, staff & service are first class.

Probably my 15th visit or more & everytime you feel you need to praise everything about this experience

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We went for lunch today and the whole experience was amazing! Having booked with a virgin experience voucher I would really recommend against it. We were promised a tasting menu of 5 courses for £150 for 2 people. This is the same price as the chef's tasting menu. When we arrived we were presented with the lunch menu. If you buy this direct it's £30 per person. This is not the restaurant's fault. When I explained to the maitre' d he was very accommodating and explained that virgin take a large proportion of the profit. Even though this was the case he allowed us to have the tasting menu and took the hit on the profit. We did make up for this by taking the wine pairings, but I felt bad for him. Virgin pretend that you will get 5 courses, but this is really the £30 menu with amouse bouche, pre- dessert added. These courses are free of charge! Petrus is an amazing restaurant and they don't need to be involved with Virgin's under hand tactics!