“Terrific evening”

Petrus
Ranked #108 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Chicago
“Terrific evening”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Enjoyed the surprisingly comfortable atmosphere and delicious cuisine of this popular restaurant. The beef and venison dishes
were exceptional, the staff were friendly, and we'd love to return.

Visited April 2013

• Turkish first
Stotfold, United Kingdom
“Anniversary Visit”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went to Petrus as part of celebrations for our second wedding anniversary, we had the tasting menu, something we'd done in other top restaurants in the past and we were not disappointed! The quality of food was second to none, not only did it look amazing but delivered in taste also, the service brilliant, and the atmosphere was classy. We will go back again and again!

“Perfect”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was looking for a very special restaurant to take someone even more special to me. I searched and searched.
I wanted something small and somewhat intimate - not a massive loud restaurant.
We go out a lot and have sampled a lot of restaurants and service, so I wanted somewhere with exceptional service
Somewhere with very good food
Somewhere different to your average 'nice' restaurant

Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Always a Pleasure”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This place is fabulous. We have been coming approx. twice a year ever since it opened and are never disappointed! Even making a reservation is a pleasure. On my last visit the team remembered that I had injured my ankle the previous year and offered to arrange for an extra stool for me to prop up my leg...where else in London is that kind of service offered voluntarily!

The truffle linguine is a real treat and worth every penny if in season. And of course, I cannot say enough about the chocolate sphere-Yummy!

Chris Burbridge is wonderful-he always has time for a long chat when we visit the kitchen.

Can't wait for our next trip.

London, United Kingdom
“Great little extras and first class service”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We decided to try out the 3 courses for £30 menu. It actually came with little courses in between too so there was a watercress mouse 'amuse mouche', a mini ice cream before the dessert and even a lovely boozy lolly that came in a dry ice dish. These touches along with the excellent service, surprisingly filling portions (there's always fear at these posh places that you'll be left hungry) plus the amazing menu that made this a fantastic and memorable lunch I'll never forget.
My only gripe, if I was nitpicking, was my white wine didn't seem cold enough although my girlfriend said hers was fine so what do I know?

2 Thank harryisourking

Been to Petrus? Share your experiences!