“Top Restaurant”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Managed to book ourselves a table at Petrus and we were impressed by the incredible food. The level of service was amazing. Definitely the top restaurant to go for in London.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,577)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I bought a michelin star restaurant experience voucher as a christmas present for my partner. After a great deal of excitement, we chose from a list of about twenty restaurants to go to Petrus for their six course lunch taster menu. We weren't disappointed with our choice as the food and service was fantastic throughout.

Every course was well presented and tasted great, I particularly enjoyed the fish course and my partner was impressed by the melting choclate sphere. We were offered some cheeses as well and my partner was keen to try some that were on display. I had a sneaking suspicion that this would cost extra but wasn't too bothered because we don't do this very often. Just be aware that there may be a surcharge for this.

The service was very attentive and the staff added to the sense of grandeur about the meal. We felt a little uncomfortable at first, but it was clear that staff were used to diners who only went to michelin star restaurants for special occasions. When we realised that there were plenty of other people taking photos of their food, we felt far more at ease.

The whole experience wasn't cheap but you don't expect it to be. It wasn't outrageous either so it was worth the money for a dining experience. I wouldn't feel comfortable spending this amount of money regularly on dining out, but every now and again would be reasonable. As a first experience in a michelin star restaurant it was really enjoyable. I just hope other experiences live up to this one on other special occasions.

2  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I came back! Yes, my best friend and I saved our pennies and went to Petrus for lunch, and it is still great. I can't find anything new to say on the positive side about it, I said it all before and others do so with more eloquence anyway. Delicious food, excellent value, though that doesn't mean cheap.
However.
There was something about this times visit that made it not as relaxed as last time. It has taken me a while to put my finger on it, and even then, I'm not sure I can properly explain. It all felt a little 'corporate', a bit conveyor-belt. The restaurant was full, which must be difficult to manage but, we felt like we were being processed rather than waited on. Any conversational chat was cut short, and one waiter in particular was a little dismissive of a comment my friend made(perfectly nice comment about thier working conditions) which left her feeling embarassed and me angry. The staff all seemed to be on auto pilot, which was so different from the last time I went when everyone was very relaxed and friendly, and just as busy. It is hard to find evidence for this, it was for sure more of an atmosphere thing and not necessarily related to any particular incident. Perhaps the staff are tired of the constant pressure, maybe they want better pay and conditions, I don't know.
I wanted to give 4 1/2 points this time, but that's not possible.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

What can one say! Petrus delivers on every level. Consistent - I have been going for 3 yrs and have eaten all over the world. This is just the most amazing professional tasty experience! Everytime!

Book!

1  Thank WorlddTravellerr
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great lunch experience. The pre-starter and pre-dessert were both delicious and a little more unexpected than in other similar restaurants. The tartare was delicious - it had shavings of foie gras and truffle on top and tiny gherkins. Guinea fowl was really nicely cooked and the baked alaska was amazing. Would be nice to have a little more choice re the wines by the glass, but other than that was faultless.

1  Thank Emma D