“Greatest Dining Experience of My Life”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #250 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I'm far from a food critic (or snob) and while I can say I've never eaten in many ultra chic French restaurants, I have eaten in many great restaurants - but Petrus is hands down the BEST EVER.

I will never forget the experience: the wonderful staff, the amazing cuisine, the wine sommelier, the surprise dishes, and the unexpected tour of the kitchen.

I'm so happy I decided to choose Petrus to celebrate my birthday. I left blissfully full (as many reviewers can attest to) and thoroughly impressed that I had witnessed true culinary artistry - worth EVERY pound I paid - zero regrets.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,617)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Petrus is absolutely extraordinary and in my opinion a worthy #1 in London. The attentiveness of the staff is world class (although they had never heard of a Vesper Martini!) and the food exceptional. The staff collectively exude Michelin-star quality, but in a measured way that relaxes and never feels intimidating.

The chef's menu is bursting withquality and feels good value for the cost - five courses doesn't tell the full story once you have factored in the numerous excellent amuse- bouches.

One thing I would say is that the wine list is perhaps to be avoided due to the high mark up on many of the bottles.

All in all you owe it to yourself to visit Petrus if you are interested in fine dining in London, a remarkable evening that, in all respects, will be fondly remembered by us both.

1  Thank Bert W
Reviewed March 18, 2013

What I can say about this restaurant is good food, well-decorated and professional staff. I did not drink wine here, so I could not give any comment about it. However, the food was so good, I specially enjoyed the lobster and I was impressive with the banana ice cream. The price was a bit high, but it's worth. All in all, it's a good choice and would come back if I have any chance

1  Thank Lnc3011
Reviewed March 18, 2013

After visiting Gordon Ramsay at Claridge's last year, we decided to give it a go with Petrus to see what the fuss is about. I have to say I was been pretty impressed with the atmosphere, very elegant, but quite relaxed and very comfortable. Service was outstanding, very attentive without being intrusive in any way. Two of us went for the Chef's menu and two for a la carte. I especially liked the chef's menu, every single dish was astonishing with a plus for the scallops and the beef. We had a sublime Saint-Émilion wine that complimented the food and the sommelier was helpful in this regard. A restaurant you shouldn't miss when in London !

2  Thank calin_yoz
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Having had my 50th birthday here last October, we had the pleasure of eating here again in January.This was truely the best meal I have ever eaten.We had the chefs menu which was excellent.White bean carpacio as a taster..My husband had the Landes foi grois and I the pan fried scallops..Delicious.The Lobster and salmon ravioli was wonderful I could have eaten that all day. Roasted pork fillet and a Casterbridge beef fillet were our main course.A selection of cheese and a wonderful chocolate sphere completed the meal.We had the suggested wines with each course which were subliem.Haveing met Chef Sean in October we were so pleaed to be able to thank him in person for our wonderful lunch.Petrus really is an exerience on it's own .Looking forward to going back soon .This is refined dining at its best.

2  Thank kathleendebyser