“Practically perfect in every way”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #135 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This restaurant really does go the extra mile to make you feel special. I arrived earlier than my husband, I was seated in reception with a drink and some complementary popcorn, the salt and vinegar was delightful and a couple of glossy mags to keep me company - nice touch, I was comfortably distracted for 10 mins. Finally he arrived and we were shown to our table. We ordered the 3 course lunch for £30 which offered outstanding value for money. The food was faultless, the amuse bouche were a joy and the food was delivered to our table with impecable timing without feeling rushed or being left to hang around. Staff were incredibly attentive. We were even offered a tour of the kitchen when we finished our meal. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it and would love to return sometime for an evening meal and it would be worth every penny!

2  Thank Dancingtigga
Write a ReviewReviews (3,550)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Celebrated my birthday at Petrus knowing that it would be a night to remember. The service received from the moment we arrived was first class. Nothing was too much trouble and we were looked after like kings. The meal was first class and with the addition of the little tasters between the courses has made me want to make even more visits to this restaurant. With some saying that it is expensive for the service and food you receive it is all very reasonable. Met the Head Chef, Sean after the meal and made sure I thanked him and his team for making it such a memorable night. I can not recommend this restaurant enough. Make sure you eat there.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

We went here for Saturday lunch for no other reason than we wanted to try the restaurant so went for the set menu £30 for 3 courses (with wine not too expensive on top) and thoroughly enjoyed it. We weren't treated any differently to those having the more expensive taster menu and the service was impeccable. We even had little extras in between courses, something we didn't expect on the set menu. Would love to go back for the full Petrus experience but will certainly go back for the set menu lunch as it is outstanding food. Having eaten at several (more expensive) michelin starred restaurants I would say this stands out for many reasons, and you really should try it: you won't be disappointed.

5  Thank v_excited_traveller
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My partner and I came here for Lunch at first when we walked past the window I was worried it maybe a little stuffy for what we were after that afternoon but we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were very friendly and down to earth not at all snobby, they were also extremely helpful & informative and could not do enough for us.

We decided to go for the lunch menu which at £30 is amazing value for this standard of restaurant. There were lots of extras thrown in which was a lovely touch and ensured we left very full!

To start we were bought lots of fresh bread and a complimentry amuse bouche of mushroom and white bean soup. My starter of mackerel was lovely and light and full of flavour however, I prefered my partners duck and pumpkin tortellini, wow that was good so we swapped! Then our mains of Pork belly and guinea fowl were so delicious, perfectly cooked and good portion size, the acompanying hassleback potatoes and carrots were well cooked and seasoned. Then came a lovely pre-dessert of passionfruit ice cream with a surprise of popping candy was lovely and refreshing. We both went for the chocolate sphere for dessert-oh my goodness...amazing! Think we were both silent as we scoffed them, would certainly recommend this dessert. Then came another dessert a white chocolate and armagnac icecream that came on dry ice-lovely and a nice touch to the end of our leisurely lunch.

Fantactice service and food- can not fault.

4  Thank MrsPC_London
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Five of us went to Petrus on Friday 15th Feb. to celebrate my birthday and I do not think we could have made a better choice. As previous reviewers have said that from the outset the staff were friendly, attentive and unobtrusive. We all ate from the set lunch menu and every course was excellent – this is good value for money. The wine list was extensive and although we chose from the lower end of the Price List what we did choose was very good. We all came away feeling that we had had an excellent lunch in very good and relaxed surroundings. Both the food and the service made a special event into a memorable occasion.

2  Thank Chassyboy