“Elegant dining”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Elegant dining”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Booked a table for lunch. Had the 3 course lunch menu, which offered very good value for a top restaurant in London. Petrus is very elegant and everything is done with class. The food was cooked and plated to perfection. I loved the chocolate sphere desert! Overall this is a 5* dining experience that I can highly recommend.

3 Thank Mia K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“An Anniversary to Remember!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I wanted an anniversary to remember and we got one!

This place is class from start to finish! - I wasn't sure what I was expect from Pétrus, but dining here blew every other eating experience I've had into submission and I've eaten at other Michelin star establishments in the city and they don't have a patch on Pétrus.

My wife and I opted for the lunch menu which is unbelievably good value. My wife had the Pan-fried and marinated Cornish mackerel with sour cream, compressed cucumber and pine nuts and I had Tartare of Casterbridge beef with toasted brioche, foie gras, baby artichoke and quail’s egg. Both starters were truly amazing!

The mains again were fantastic. My wife had the Crispy Suffolk pork belly with black pudding and sage jus and I had the Pan Fried Hake. Fantastic presentation and excellent sides.

The deserts are heavenly. My wife had the Chocolate Soufflé and I had the amazing Orange and vanilla baked Alaska, Grand Marnier sauce. It looks beautiful and I loved those sugar mint leaves that were served with latter of the two dishes.

Throughout the meal we we're presented with various taste sensations. Those popping candy cones were exquisite and just before our desserts arrived we were presented with a Happy Anniversary slate with Peanut Butter Macaroons. We were both touched as to how attentive the Pétrus team were. They really know how to make things so personal with an element of surprise around every corner.

Just when I thought this dining experience could not get any better, my wife and I were then invited down to the kitchens. This totally made my day and my weekend!

Pétrus service is by far the best I've ever had and as many other diners have said on here before, it so deserves the number one slot.

Thank you and I do hope to see you soon Pétrus. You are definitely my number one restaurant!

2 Thank Oliver R
Perth, Australia
“Wow! Ten out of ten!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband surprised me for my birthday by taking me with 2 other couples to Petrus. From the moment we walked in the door we were impressed. The service is impeccable but unobtrusive, the staff are all so polite, professional yet friendly, and can answer any queries you have about the menu, and the food is just fantastic and beautifully presented. I loved the special touches like the little savouries served before you ordered, , the 'amuse bouche' before your entree, and before dessert, an ice cream ball on a stick presented to each of us, in a cloud of dry ice..... Wonderful! And then delicious chocolates to have with coffee. This is a "special occasion" restaurant that makes for a truly memorable night. We all loved it.

2 Thank Robyn M
London
“Stunning experience”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

An amazing experience from the moment you walk in to the restaurant. Fantastic service from highly knowledgeable staff.
The food was awesome - Beef Wellington to die for. Superb wine and a number of fantastic chefs creations between courses.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Family Meal”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We love Gorden Ramsay's Hospital Rd, so we thought we try Petrus with our children , age 7, 10 and 12, From the moment we walked in they treated the children like young adults which we appreciated as we have taught our girls to be young ladies, The food was exceptional as usual, the wine magnificent. The children were invited downstairs to meet the chef and the kitchen was clinical, So impressive our next visit is in May to Hospital Rd but we will be back with the children . Thank you for a lovely evening.

• Visited September 2012