“Lives up to Expectations :)”
Review of Petrus

Petrus
Ranked #250 of 24,250 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belgravia
Description: Renowned throughout London and beyond, Petrus is one of the biggest names on the restaurant scene. With the world-renowned Gordon Ramsay behind the scheme to raise Petrus - now located on Knightsbridge's Kinnerton Street - from the ashes, the restaurant exudes the famous Ramsay sense of luxury combined with down-to-earth charm. Decorated in subtle tones of champagne, oyster and copper along with the claret red which inspired the restaurant's name, Petrus's beguiling interior is superbly decadent and romantic and actually quite intimate. In the kitchen, Head Chef Larry Jayasekara is creating its trademark modern French menu. At Petrus the highest-quality ingredients go into dishes that combine delicious familiar flavours with unique presentation. Expect waves of divine amuse-bouches and a stupendous wine list, including a long list of vintages of Petrus to make it all perfect.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

As the Number 1 restaurant in London I certainly had high hopes for this meal and we were not disappointed. 5 of us went on a Saturday and had the Lunch menu. It was exceptionally good value as not only did you get the three courses ordered, there were plenty of little additions such as an amuse bouche, delightful coned sorbet and an ice cream lollipop to finish. We ordered a variety of meal options and every dish was amazingly cooked, and very flavoursome. The presentation was also lovely.

Everyone that worked here was very friendly and knowledgeable about the whole menu. The service was polite, efficient and flawless. This was certainly one of, if not my favorite meal ever. Will definitely be going back........

1  Thank Henster79
Write a ReviewReviews (3,616)

Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Everything you would want or need is inside this beautiful little Knightsbridge homage to great eats,We had the famed lunch deal and yes it is a bargain Can only give this 5 stars all round, faultless and impressive experience that will live long in the memory and on the tastebuds

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I am not sure....We had the tasting menu and as expected everything was good...but not perfect ! I cannot put my finger on it...but, there is this 1 thing that I did not like. When you show up at this restaurant, they will first make you wait in this 'Living Room' type of a 'Get used to our hospitality' area. You will be offered water and the wait-staff will engage in small talk about weather and what not. I am not sure how long are you supposed to drag this along, but I kind of got fed up & asked to be seated and we were seated straightway !!

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went to Petrus for my birthday. We chose it as I wanted nice food and good service. I wasn't disappointed. You can choose between the chefs selection and the a la carte. We are glad we did as we were full to bursting with the many extra courses given to us and the chefs selection apparently had 3 more!

There are a large selection of vegetarian courses and they asked if we had any allergies etc. I was given mushroom soup as a pre starter and hubby was given pork. Both were lovely. At the end of the meal we were given ice cream lolly pops coated in white chocolate and as it was my birthday I had a slate with happy birthday written in chocolate with a biscuit and a candle - a lovely touch. With coffee there were chocolate coated almonds and a little box with a pop out drawer containing wonderful chocolates. It was very nice that what ever you chose on the a la carte menu the cost was a flat rate. All the little extras was wonderful but not for the calorie counter!

The wine list is very extensive and some on the list are VERY expensive. If you chose the chefs menu the wine can be selected for you to suit each course. This doubles the cost of the overall meal and gives you much more wine than I could handle. We selected a bottle to share between us and had plenty to cover the whole meal.

The service made us feel special and we were treated extremely well. At the end of the meal we were asked if we would like to see the kitchen which we did. It was nice to see the people who had made our meal and to thank them. There is also a table beside the kitchen where you can watch the meals being made while you enjoy your own meal!

It was really nice to have excellent food given in lovely surroundings with excellent service. A very special meal.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the Tasting Menu,delicious,thank you for a great experience!Service was excellent,the waiter was always happy and fun!