“Food was ok but....”

Ranked #1,927 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Description: Leading the way in the regeneration of Pimlico���s dining scene, 2 Amici is a modern Italian conveniently located a short meander from London���s Victoria Station. You won���t walk straight past this restaurant, thanks to the huge neon-lit sign marking its position but venture inside and you���ll find something much less overblown. In fact, the dining room is charmingly neutral, modern but unpretentious, lit with a warm yellow glow and with a cosy and friendly feel helped along by pleasantly professional staff ��� a very welcome change from Victoria���s many impersonal chains. The menu here at 2 Amici is typically Italian, many dishes given modern twists while others maintain their traditional roots, meaning that every taste really is catered for. The freshly prepared food is consistently marked out as the best in the area by local diners and the wine list is reliably varied, featuring a number of quality all rounders. Little touches such as the glass of Limoncello with your bill give 2 Amici the personality that turns it from a give-it-a-try one off to a regular haunt.
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The temperature in the restaraunt was as cold as the Rudeness shown towards my Kenyan colleague as we dined here. When she asked for sweet wine and what the specials were it was me who was addressed with the answers. No eye contact or communication towards her was afforded by the portly elderly Italian. Her seafood special was very agreeable and my pepper steak cooked as I liked it but the service left us both with a bad taste.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We ate at 2 amici for a pre-theatre dinner with 20% discount through toptable. Starters garlic prawns and a bruschetta and we both had sea bass for our mains. The food was fabulous although the sides for 2 on the veg were very small we thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure if we would go again as it was £33 each for 2 courses and 4 soda waters (no alcohol) and would work out too pricey without the discount. Overall staff were really nice and the food was excellent. A bit out of the way from the Victoria palace theatre but still really enjoyed!

1  Thank Jackie O
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We ate here new years eve with our friends having pre booked our table as we thought it would be busy in london. So pleased we did! The food was lovely and the New years eve menu was perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Jenny C
Reviewed November 25, 2013

As I was staying in Westminster at the Grange Rochester (hotel) I asked a friend who visits regularly to recommend a restaurant and 2 Amici was his suggestion.

I am glad I took it up. the restaurant is small and atmospheric, the staff helpful without being gushing and the food excellent. I had Saltimbocca with excellent vegetables and my colleague had escalope of veal Milanese: veal is always difficult to get in the provinces. As a starter we shared Mozzarella and tomato. The patron suggested a bottle of Italian wine that was superb, soft and fruitful and a perfect accompaniment to the veal and, at £16, a very reasonable price.

Given the upmarket area, the haunt of MPs and such the prices are reasonable, There were many young people in the restaurant on Friday evening so it cant be too expensive.

Our bill overall was £70 and was reduced by £16 with a gourmet card. Even without that reduction I felt it good value, with it it was excellent.

I shall go again and make a special effort.

1  Thank rabjohn
Reviewed November 12, 2013

It was our first time in London. We didn't know where to go and were staying in apartment nearby. I had read reviews before I left home and told my husband we should try it. One evening we had a tiring day and my husband and sister walked to 2 Amici to get a to-go dinner for our family of 4. They brought back spaghetti and ravioli and were so excited that the owner was so nice and had given them a glass of wine while they waited. My husband still talks about the spaghetti and how it was the best he ever had. We really enjoyed the food and hospitality. Thanks.

1  Thank TJaneNorthCarolina