“Peacock Bar”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Peacock Bar”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Absolutely shabby run down bar ripped sofas, ladies toilet wallpaper ripped and torn down,
Big rip off advertising burlesque night, you get there and no !! You get a pole dancer for all of 3 mins twice in the evening which I am sure was a lady boy.
Complained and offered a bottle of champagne ,,,, no thanks. Food greasy spilled out on to my trousers.
Cancel if you have booked !!!!

Visited July 2013

“Never again!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

So I got this deal of wowcher where I was to get a 3 course meal a vintage photo champagne and see a burlesque show.

To redeem this deal was a nightmare to start with as you could only do it by email. So email sent to get no reply. Second email sent again no reply. In the end I phoned them to have them not even talk to me on the phone but someone else. Was told to resend the email and they had booked me in.
Email resent and to this day I still not had a reply!

The venue is nothing like what it looks like in the photos. It's small dated and needs a good paint job and updating. When we walked in I had just wanted to walk back out! It was embarrassing!

We stood in the door way for about 10mins till one of my group members went and found someone to see where we could sit. We was put on a tiny table that was really low down covered by a ripped table cloth!
The chairs was uncomfortable and one was even broken.

Cocktails was 2 4 1 before 8pm but you had to have the same cocktail twice. The staff was so slow on making the drinks it took almost half an hour to make the cocktails and some of them was not even more than half a glass!

I had to ask about the champagne as well as the photo. The photo that was meant to be vintage was a guy walking around with some masks and feather bowers took a quick pic and walked of. We never saw them or got a copy.

The 3 course meal - well I had better at my cousins birthday party the night before! It was finger food that looked like it had come from Iceland! This was meant to feed four of us it wouldn't of even filled one person up! I got a few chips and a bit of bread! The food took ages to come out and it was around midnight before the last course came out which was 4 little chocolate things. I didn't even see a second course!

As for the show! Well the stage was a box that wouldn't fit more than 2 people on. There was one pole in the middle of the room and that's it. A lady came out dressed in some Spanish gear danced a bit on the pole and was gone wasnt even a full song and Nothing burlesque at all! A second lady came up and danced with another group but again looked more Spanish. Had it not been the group next to us we would never of even noticed another dancer had come out!

We had girls being sick at a table next to us and had to inform the staff who was in no really hurry to clean it up and we had to get them a jug of water.

The evening was not what we had planned or expected and I would never recommend this place to anyone! Had I off seen the reviews before I would not of wasted the money! I will be emailing Wowcher as its not a good business to advertise!

I know I have gone on a bit here but anyone going should really know what they are getting!
I hope you find this review useful!

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank CB027
London, United Kingdom
“Loads of fun for my 30th”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked my 30th here and had a great night! Good food, great performers and a wicked DJ!

I reserved an area for 18 of us and we had their 3 course sharing plates menu. It wasn't gourmet but was good pub grub [burgers, fish goujons, houmous, goats cheese tarts etc] and there was loads of it which totally set us up for the rest of the night. We drank a lot so this was a very good thing.

After that the shows started and the performers were great. We saw a carnival / pole act which was amazing and a singer with an incredible voice who also got people up on stage with her. Was great to have live entertainment but we'd have been happy just dancing as the DJ was so good. Everyone really got into the spirit of things and let their hair down. I really enjoyed myself and had a great birthday. I thoroughly recommend!

• Visited May 2013
brighton
“this place should be closed down!!!!! DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

it was awful from start to finish if you have a booking CANCEL and book else where
i could have written a very long report but i refuse to waste anymore time on this place
save your money and please book somewhere else

this place is a con!!!

and trading standards will be notified, what they offer and what you get are two totally different things

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank mcshanny
London, United Kingdom
“Rubbish wowcher deal, peeling paint and bewildered staff”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

bought a deal with 3 course dinner, bubbly and burlesque. they do 2-4-1 cocktails before 8pm. partner and i got there at 7pm, and staff was milling about, no one can tell us our table eventhough we were waving the voucher in their face. 3 course is an exaggeration, so is the description of burlesque bar. food was just a range of party food from iceland, served on very low tables with low pew chairs, much like the evenings in spanish tavernas except that is free. place so classy that we walked out with cellophane stuck to our shoes as it was used on paper table mats. chairs extremely uncomfortable, with faded furniture and ripped sofas and you feel trapped as the show starts at 9pm, we were told to be there around 7pm, but food only got served at 8pm...oh sorry, dancers turn up at 9pm but shows starts at 9.45pm. entertainers were not bad but they only performed for a total of 30 minutes if you lined their stage time up back to back, not the evening I was expecting having been to Proud and Privee where a similar deal was just 5 quid more per person. have to admit website is too impressive, and well written up. the hostest with the "mostess" is a scary lady in too short polkadot skirt that had no time for anyone, bartenders were friendly but so slow and forgets half the order. At the end of the day the most memorable thing was the look of shock and aghast when well-heeled patrons wallked in. don't plan a night out there, but do have a look at the place after you have read the website! shocking contrast!

• Visited April 2013