“Not cheap - but central, atmospheric and lovely staff”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Eleanor's Cocktail Bar
Ranked #355 of 1,284 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: he Strand bar, London, is the perfect place to enjoy a pre-dinner or post-work drink, an informal meeting or a bite to eat in Victorian yet friendly surroundings. Don't miss the live music every Friday night, when you can sit back and relax in this most atmospheric London bar.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Not cheap - but central, atmospheric and lovely staff”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Having frequented a number of London hotel bars, this has to be one of my favourites so far. Drinks may be slightly on the dearer side, but I had a lovely glass of white, which was very good value. It is brilliant for business travellers, as there are no issues hitting the bars on your own and the Wifi is relatively fast.

The ambiance is lovely, and staff was very personable and helpful. Will be back next time I'm in London. Just don't go here expecting the cheapest drinks in town - there are other, less well-rounded places close by for that.

Visited January 2013

London
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Nice place, great, friendly service”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I took my wife here for a treat, prior to dinner at Massimo, London is usually jam packed with all sorts on a Saturday night so I opted to take my wife to Eleanor's Bar at The Charing Cross Hotel; where I knew we could have a drink and chat.

The bar is very nice and the service we recieved was excellent. I had the Expresso Martini which was fantastic and and I shall be learning how to make these in the future, my wife had a glass of prosecco.

The staff were very friendly and I didn't mind paying the 12.5 service charge as they were friednly and very attentive. My only gripe was the prosecco was small for the price. However... we were in the centre of London at a lovely hotel and it was a great start to the evening.

Visited July 2012
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“disgustingly & unfairly expensive”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I was early to meet my friend so ordered myself a glass of Merlot at the bar - £10.71!! which included 12.5% service charge - service? I'd gone to the bar and got it myself. The decor was average verging on cheesey and the menus on the tables were all tatty and old - wont be going back.

Visited March 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Price of drinks unbelievable”
Reviewed March 12, 2010

Not a review, merely an observation. Do bear in mind that a glass of wine in the bar will set you back an incredible £11.50, more expensive than any other hotel in London - even the better ones! Take care to drink elsewhere!

2 Thank Ian F