“best pizza i've had in london”

Pixxa - Pizza al taglio
Ranked #3,706 of 22,671 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: To taste a Pixxa pizza is to embark on a culinary journey to the country that invented the pizza, and we're certain that once you've tried it, you'll never look at a pizza the same way again! At Pixxa our pizza is made with the finest Italian ingredients - think luxurious Porcini mushrooms, decadent black truffles... the sort of foods you'd expect from a posh restaurant, not fast food. Even better, it's low in fat - so come in and experience the authentic taste of fresh Italian pizza without feeling guilty about calories. Lovingly homemade pizza - the Roman way. Our pizza wasn't built in a day. Made with the best wheat and soya flours, it's naturally leavened for a minimum of 48 hours to make it soft and crispy - the true Roman way. We are open until 5 am during friday and saturday.
London, United Kingdom
“best pizza i've had in london”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

the pizza at pizza al taglio is truly delicious. the tomato base that they use is the winner - perfect balance of flavours and actually tastes like tomatoes. I've tried pretty much every type of pizza they serve and have never been disappointed. I like the truffle oil and roast potato pizza although I know a lot of people who aren't too keen on the truffle. Highly recommended place to eat!

• Visited May 2013

Santiago, Chile
“If I didn't try by myself, I wouldn't believe it!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'm from Rome but leave abroad since years and years. Well, Pixxa is the best "pizza al taglio", a very popular form of fast-food in my home town (pizza take-away), I ever found out of Italy. I discovered it this afternoon over the internet and visited it straight away (I'm maniac about pizza) after seeing the picture I found look good. The results is fantastic. Unlike most of pizza I found in London it's crusty, not fluffy. Good ingredients, and no exotic things: a good pizza as you would find in Rome. I will get back soon. Again. And again. And again... And as a bonus the area around is really pretty and cool: nice shops, restaurants, great for a walk.

BTW, the personnel is nice and we have had a nice chat. I discovered they are from Terni, were I graduated loooooooooong ago.

I'm sure those guys will have a lot of success. Good luck, you deserve it for not adapting to the "local" taste since they opened (3 years, as they told me).

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank pagheca
Simone G, Owner at Pixxa - Pizza al taglio, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Pagheca,
I am Simone, the owner, from Terni!! Did you graduate in Terni? Really?
I wanted personally thank you for your nice review. We are very proud of sticking to our values that are the highest quality and typical Authentic Italian taste (when inside Pixxa you need to feel in Italy!).
Thanks and hope to see you soon.
Ciao
SImone
Vienna, Austria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“worth every penny”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was in London due to business and a friend of mine who had been in london before suggested I should check that one out and I have to say it was a good advice!

very tasty pizza and not too expensive!

recommended

• Visited November 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Unforgettable Pizza”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Pizza is so delicious here!! comes by the slice or full pizza. So good, went there everytime I could when coming back from work, lunch, or morning for italian breakfast (great cappuccino and pastries). Real italian pizza. Buy 10 slice, get one free with the "loyalty-card". They do delivery too.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank Lucky_Luche
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“The real Roman pizza”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

This is how we have pizza for lunch in Rome and it is great to see this in London. Also very friendly staff.

I will definitely be going again!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank pbarone
Pixxa, Owner at Pixxa - Pizza al taglio, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Ciao PBarone,

I personally wanted to thank you for your review. Our goals is to be authentic and I am really happy you liked our food. We are all from Rome (and close by) and we are trying to bring to London the same food concept of Pizza al Taglio.

Thanks,