“All good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #207 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Scotland
“All good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place has lots of reviews so not too much to add. Really handy for public transport at Waterloo. We had a travelzoo voucher for tapas one night and that was really good. The hotel feels very modern Spanish so if you like that it is for you. If you are here for something more traditionally London then avoid. Small bedrooms but normal for London and the area seems ok at night. Not many places to eat that are very close but if you like Mexican there is a Wahaca just up on the way to Waterloo. It is possible to walk into the Satrand also and we enjoyed that one morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the H10 London Waterloo.

I am happy to hear that you had a nice time at the hotel. We strive to provide the best level of service to all our guests, and we are pleased this lived up to your expectations.

We hope to see you again soon!

Paul Wongartorn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Worcestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel itself was great: Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, modern decor. However the location wasn't quite central enough for me. It was only a 10 min walk from Waterloo St but my partner and I walked back about 11pm and the walk from Waterloo station to the hotel was really quiet. I was glad I had company. If I was coming back to London alone I probably wouldn't choose here to stay for that reason alone. The area seemed fine but when alone I prefer to try n stick to busier streets. We couldn't get a table in the restaurant upstairs, so maybe book in advance if you want a table as the bar snacks were pretty disappointing for the money. So to summarise I'd recommend this place if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel not too far from the centre and if you are comfortable walking along what might be quite a quiet street to get back to the hotel at night.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you had a good time at the hotel and that you found our staff to be friendly and the room comfortable, as we strive to provide the highest level of service to all our guests.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you had with the food you had with the bar. We have taken this information on board to find ways that we can improve and rectify this for all future guests.

Thank you once again for the feedback, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Dingwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

Having had a really bad time at H10 hotel in Punta Cana I was wary about booking my short London break in this hotel. I needn't have worried! From start to finish my stay was nothing short of excellent. Room, staff, food were all far above my expectations and I would gladly recommend H10 Waterloo to anyone. I visit H10 Rubicon Palace in Lanzarote several times a year and did not think any hotel could live up to its reputation. London Waterloo is a serious contender. Well done to all, this is H10 at its very best.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the valued feedback during your recent visit to the H10 London Waterloo.

We are absolutely delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time at the hotel. We aim to provide all our guests with the highest level of service to all our guests, and we are thrilled this lived up to your expectations.

Being a frequent user of our H10 Rubicon Palace, and I am happy to hear that you rate our hotel as highly as them, and we will ensure this standard gets even better upon your next visit.

With warm regards,

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The breakfast was excellent with large variety of hot and cold food with plenty of fresh fruits with coffee service,.I would certainly choose this hotel again.Forgot to say that all the staff we came into contact with were very pleasant and helpful

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with regards to your recent visit to the H10 London Waterloo.

We are delighted to hear that you found the breakfast to be of an excellent quality, as we aim to provide our guests with the best in London.

Our hotel would also like to thank you for the nice comments regarding the staff. We strive to provide our guests with the highest level of service and we are glad this met up to your expectations.

Paphos, Cyprus
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

The rooms are very compact, but use space efficiently, so they don't feel cramped. Nevertheless, the hotel is probably better for short stays than long ones. Very comfortable beds, spotlessly clean bathroom, complimentary bottle of cava, pleasant bar & a wide choice of breakfast provender. Easy access by bus, tube or taxi to the City or West End.

But the biggest plus point is the panoramic views from the upper floors. We stayed in 1109, with a vista from Battersea Power Station to St Paul's, with the London Eye and Waterloo Bridge prominent in the foreground. Views as good as this are very rare amongst London hotels, and often come with a hefty price tab - eg the Park Lane Hilton. I'd strongly recommend a visitor to London to spend a couple of nights here for the view alone.

Room Tip: Go for an upper floor, facing towards the London Eye.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo.

I am delighted to hear that you had a good time at the hotel, especially the panoramic views you get from the beautiful London Eye rooms. We strive to provide the best breakfast in London and we are happy that this met your expectations

We hope to see you on your next visit!!

Warm regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

If you plan to visit London,Business or leisure, no doubt,H10 Waterloo,Best choice!!!
Amability, quality level,good location and stunning views on the top rooms!.
Tehy have a very good Breakfast and also the Bar it´s in cool atmosphere!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you have found the perfect hotel to meet your needs. We strive to provide the highest level of service, and I am delighted this met up to your expectations.

We hope to see you again on your next visit!

Warm regards,

Surrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed at the H10 Waterloo for one night recently. I booked a double room for single occupancy but was allocated a twin. I raised this with reception and pointed out what was an unacceptable level of cleanliness in the roon namely that the bed linen contained a number of hairs on the base sheet giving the appearance that the linen had not been changed. This is not acceptable in any hotel irrespective of its grading and is a significant hygiene issue if the linen is not being changed when room occupancy changes. I was moved to another room and found the same problem! - I insisted the linen was changed and I stayed to witness this. This also happened to me during a stay in September 2013 prior to leaving London on holiday. The latest incident forced me to speak with one of the managers to get an explanation and I was promised that he would get back to me - I am still waiting for him to do so and despite a recent telephone call to the H10 in an attempt to get some sort of explanation/apology I have stll heard nothing. Poor hygiene and poor customer service - needless to say I will not be staying at this hotel in the furture.

Room Tip: Check your bedlinen!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SETraveller
H10HLW, General Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest

Firstly, thank you for your email regarding your last stay here at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel.

We are very concerned about your comments. Since opening the Hotel this is the very first time we have received this type of feedback. You mentioned in your email that this is not the first time you have experienced this, however we have no acknowledgment of this incident being lodged.

We are currently investigating this case with our Housekeeping department and laundry and have yet been able to find any fault in their procedures. I can assure you that we abide by all of the UK legislative procedures in relation to Health and Hygiene.

Should you have any further enquiries in relation to this please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jorge Gil de Gomez