I'm surprised at the number of reviews with little reference to the poor food at this hotel. It's terrible. I ordered room service my first night here thinking a club sandwich is normally a safe bet. I also ordered the nacho's. When it arrived the alarm bells started ringing when the nacho's just had a blob of plastic rubber cheese in the middle and I literally had to tear this 'cheese' or whatever it was apart. No cheese underneath so just dry nacho's underneath. Nothing worse, I could do much better at home! Not done by a chef clearly. That wasn't the worse of it though. Peeling back the bread of my club sandwich revealed some worrying ingredients. The lettuce was brown and black (and very sparse thankfully) and had actually turned the bread soggy and brown too. The bacon was clearly left overs from breakfast. The chicken was cubed and looked very old. It then had a greasy frid egg on the top. The whole thing was greasy and frankly disgusting - made me feel sick. I immediately complained but with none of the hotel staff speaking good English it was very difficult. I eventually spoke to the duty manager who apologised on behalf of the chef but there's no way a 'chef' would have sent that food out!
I had real problems with the staff at this hotel understanding me - none of them spoke very good English and could not understand the basics, from check in to check out. Couldn't even understand what I meant by asking if I could charge things to my room? And when I complained about the food they thought I wanted to order some milk??
I checked out the breakfast as it was included in my corporate rate and the bacon did indeed look the same as I was given in my disgusting club sandwich. I just couldn't eat any of the food there. Be warned - I would not risk it.
The hotel itself was clean and modern but not worth the money and I'll be staying somewhere else next time and I'm talking to my company about getting it removed from their options for London. Can't even get a simple club sandwich and nachos right and it could have given me serious poisoning had I eaten it. Stay away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star H10 London Waterloo Hotel, part of the Spanish H10 group, comprises 177 fine and contemporary rooms, exceptional customer service and unique dining experiences. With elegant Westminster to the right and The London Eye to the left, H10 London Waterloo Hotel is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London's finest attractions, theatre-land and shopping destinations. Boasting exquisite views of The Shard, the hotel offers a world renowned breakfast buffet, DeSPAcio spa facilities and individually designed event spaces. Guests can expect to enjoy outstanding hospitality, unforgettable experiences in the award winning 302 Restaurant and delicious cocktails in The Waterloo Sky bar, complimented by impressive views of London's City centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your H10 London Waterloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 London Waterloo Hotel London
- H10 London Waterloo England