“Proud of it being in London”

H10 London Waterloo
Ranked #216 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Reigate, United Kingdom
“Proud of it being in London”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had booked for a concert at the Coronet Theatre near the Elephant & Castle and concerned that it finished late and I would be hard pressed to get back to Surrey easily, and my daughter back to York seemed impossible; then I came upon the H10 hotel, and after telephoning the hotel and speaking to a most helpful young lady, I booked a double room.
My experience staying at the hotel was very good, with welcoming staff, and my one tiny criticism would be that they could do with a bigger booking-in desk, as not only were customers booking in, but also being very kindly given advice about buses and taxis etc., which did make for a queue of people waiting; but, when our turn came we were very pleased with the attention we were given.
Our room was very light, spotlessly clean and we had wonderful views of the London sky-line; it is also good to be able to open windows a little if you want, though this would make the street noise noticeable, but fine if the windows are closed.
All staff were extremely helpful and more importantly enthusiastic, particularly when we were asking directions to the theatre.
A good buffet breakfast with a wide selection both for carnivores and vegetarians, and to make our stay complete: we spotted the Artistes from our concert that we had seen the night before having breakfast too!
What a treat.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up room, to get less street noise, also the side of the hotel with the views of the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vicky p
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time at the hotel. We pride ourselves on having the highest level of customer service plus the highest quality of breakfast, and I am proud that this met your expectations.

Paul Wongartorn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I arrived late here and was greeted by very friendly staff. I declined the complementary glass of cava and made my way up to my room to crash. Unfortunately the room was quite noisy, but a pair of earplugs solved that. The superior rooms are very large, nicely decorated and scrupulously clean.

The breakfast more than made up for any disrupted sleep, with a wide variety of food - anything you could think of, including churros!

Centrally located for the training venue, I would book here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your much valued feedback at the H10 London Waterloo hotel. I am sorry to hear about the noise issue you experienced and we are looking at ways to rectify this issue.

We would like to pass on our gratitude regarding the breakfast, as we strive to provide the best in London.

See you again on your next visit

Palma
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Happy to have found that modern hotel with international atmosphere and a Spanish touch in walking distance to the center of London.
Rooms are very comfortable, great breakfast and friendly staff.
I'll be back.

2 Thank XAHC
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo. We are happy that you have found a hotel to suit your needs and demands.

We strive to provide best breakfast in London, and we are delighted that this met your expectations.

As you plan to come back again, why not take advantage of our fantastic H10 Club membership to make your next stay an even special one than you already have had.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I was recently in London on a conference held at the BFI Imax theater ( British Film Institute). It was a last minute trip and, luckily, the organizers of said conference found me a room as the hotel was fully booked. I arrived and was very happy to be in the center of the action at the lovely H10 hotel. I found the room cosy and spacious by London standards, I liked their very decent rates, the convenience of its location ( 5 mins walk from Waterloo station) and 5 mins from the Imax theater.
This was such a short and busy stay, ( less than 24 hours). 2 days later, I realized I had forgotten a VERY expensive pearl necklace, some earrings and my glass case at the hotel.
My heart sank. What were the chances of getting it back? My heart sank.
I immediately phoned the front desk. Their Front of House Manager, Paul Wongartorn, was incredibly helpful, and informed me that my belongings had been found. Hurrah!! I was now in Paris. Paul suggested to mail them to me back home rather than in Paris where it could not reach me in time. Wise advice.
I just received the parcel via Royal Post and am thrilled.
Thank you to the maid who found it, brought it back to the front desk and above all, thanks to Paul who was so very charming and helpful.
If all hotels had employees like the staff of the H10 Waterloo, the world would be a better place.

Dear guest,

Thank you taking time to share your feedback at the H10 London Waterloo. We are absolutely thrilled that you had a wonderful time at the hotel and that it met your expectations.

Thank you also for the lovely comments. It has been a pleasure to help you return your lost items and I am delighted that they arrived according to plan. We strive to provide the highest level of service to all our guests and I am happy this met your expectations.

Warm regards

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed June 22, 2013

You felt that this hotel really tried to make your stay and pleasant one. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The breakfast was of high quality and value. The rooms were a bit small but adequate. I only wish the tube stations were a bit closer to the hotel. Otherwise this hotel gives you the most bang for the buck.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jinapsan
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo Hotel. We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and our staff was friendly and helpful, as we strive to provide the highest level of customer service to all our guests.

Lostwithiel, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had booked to see a performance at the Festival Hall and wanted to stay in a decent hotel within easy reach. After several previous trips to London and a multitude of mostly disappointing and varyingly squalid hotels, we were very pleasantly surprised by such a lovely stay.
The H10 did not disappoint in any way.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size and very light an airy. It was extremely clean and very comfortable and we had a brilliant vista from our 11th Floor room which overlooked the city. The view from the window changed throughout the day as the sun moved around, until the evening when a bright, golden light bathed the city landscape creating a sparkling effect on the windows.
The hotel was very quiet inside and the city sounds were quite well muffled by efficient double glazing.
The H10 is very well situated and within walking distance of many places of interest and there are excellent transport systems on the doorstep to travel further afield.
We were delighted with our stay at H10 and will definitely return when we are next in London.

Room Tip: Lovely city views from the highest floors.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nigwife
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking valued time to share your experience at the H10 London Waterloo. We are absolutely delighted that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed all the facilities in the hotel, especially our beautiful City View rooms.

The team would also like to pass on their gratitude regarding the comments about our service. We aim to provide the highest level of service to all our guests, and we are glad this met your expectations.

As you plan to come back again to H10 London Waterloo, why not take advantage of our fantastic H10 Club membership to make your next stay an even special one than you already have had.

Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at H10 London Waterloo beginning of June 2013. I had a very nice bedroom on the 8th floor, with large windowns, mordern furnished and near to the gym facilities. All dependencies were clean and the breakfast was delicious, presenting a large variety of food, fruits, juices, breads, etc... The service was very efficient and friendly. ... The location was excelent: Just few meters from the Waterloo Underground Station and close to the River Thames and London Eye.
As I was there on Business and participated on a Workshop taking place in the same hotel, I noticed that the Hotel have made all their best to offer us their best facilities. Unfortunately, the rooms used for courses, Meetings and Workshops have no Windows. That was a pity, but quite understandble in a City as London. Therefore, EXCELENTE for Holiday and GOOD for Business Purposes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
H10HLW, Front Office Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing the H10 London Waterloo for your stay and for sharing your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing the highest level of service, and I am delighted this met your expectations.

We also strive to provide the best breakfast in London, and I am glad this was up to your standard.