At first appearance, the H10 London Waterloo Hotel looks great. Modern building, convenient access to 2 London Underground stations, etc.
However, as a very frequent business traveler, the H10 Hotel fell very far below my expectations, especially in terms of amenities that are absolute requirements for doing business on the road. Although the bandwidth of the hotels wired and WIFI internet access is acceptable, it is absolutely unacceptable to selectively block certain ranges of internet domains and IP addresses as well as internet ports commonly used for remote e-mail access and VPN (virtual private network) access required by many companies for their business travelers for security purposes. I was part of an industry group staying at this hotel and several other guests in our group experienced the same issues trying to access their corporate VPNs and e-mail. Although the hotel's management was “sympathetic” they were unable to do anything to remedy the problem. Apparently all such decisions related to “IT services” are made by a corporate management in Spain. The recommendation of the hotel's management? Go look for a Starbucks to get your internet access, not even an offer of some discount or a free meal or even a drink to compensate for the terrible inconvenience (I was booked for six nights at this location!).
The room was equipped with a good wide-screen TV, A/V connections, an iPhone-compatible clock radio, etc., but there wasn't a comfortable chair in the room. The “desk chair” was more suitable for patio furniture than a chair from which one could sit at a desk and get work done.
One very small bar of soap for both the bathroom sink and the bath.
Bring your own box of tissues. The hotel provides a tiny box with only TWO tissues in it. Forget about the third sneeze unless you like using very rough toilet paper!
No wash cloths!
Fortunately, the bed was comfortable if you like exceptionally firm mattresses (I do).
Although this hotel claims to be a four star hotel, I rank it at two stars or less by ANY standards in the United States. I would take a Hampton Inn or a Courtyard by Marriott over this place any day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4 star H10 London Waterloo Hotel, part of the Spanish H10 group, comprises 177 fine and contemporary rooms, exceptional customer service and unique dining experiences. With elegant Westminster to the right and The London Eye to the left, H10 London Waterloo Hotel is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London's finest attractions, theatre-land and shopping destinations. Boasting exquisite views of The Shard, the hotel offers a world renowned breakfast buffet, DeSPAcio spa facilities and individually designed event spaces. Guests can expect to enjoy outstanding hospitality, unforgettable experiences in the award winning 302 Restaurant and delicious cocktails in The Waterloo Sky bar, complimented by impressive views of London's City centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your H10 London Waterloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 London Waterloo Hotel London
- H10 London Waterloo England