“Best London hotel experience”

H10 London Waterloo
Ranked #200 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I go to London on a yearly base, and this is far out the best hotel I've ever had in London.
H10 is a Spanish hotel group that delivers excellent quality. It's the second time I've been in this hotel and it's still as impeccable as a year ago. Clean bright and modern rooms. Excellent bed, but pillows are a lil' bit less (but that's my opinion). They even have an iPhone docking station!
Breakfast is wonderful. Wide variety of hot and cold buffet, even Churros with hot chocolate! I did miss fresh orange juice but that's rare in London (unless you pay extra). Free Wifi in the entire hotel. Friendly staff.
This is a keeper!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
H10HLW, General Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I am delighted to hear that this is the second time you have stayed here.

Why not take advantage of our loyalty programme (Club H10) where you can make your stay an even more special one.

Looking forward to seeing you on your next London visit!

Jorge Gil de Gomez

Write a ReviewReviews (3,309)

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Recently needed to stay in London so decided that as we have always been happy with H10 Hotels for many years we would use the H10 near Waterloo.. As normal for this chain of hotel the staff were extremely pleasant, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. The Hotel is very modern and extremely clean throughout.The quality of food was excellent. We would certainly use this Hotel again and recommend to friends.
Well done H10 another success.

Dear Guest
We are delighted to hear that you are a regular guest of H10 hotels, and we all thank you for your support.

It has been a pleasure to take care of you and we thank you for all the positive feedback regarding our service and the quality of our food.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel is not far from Waterloo, about a 7 minute walk. Whilst there is nothing much near the hotel there are reasonable restaurants nearer to Waterloo. The station is on a number of tube lines and there are lots of buses so getting pretty much anywhere is easy. The room was small but very comfortable- the large window (which opens) making it light and airy. Waterloo road is busy and there is the continual hum of traffic but this was much less noticeable than lots of central London hotels. The room was perfectly adequate for a business stay. Wifi is free. The shower is in the bath and, as so often, it was a big step out if you have any impaired mobility. Everything was spotless and looked new and cared for. The staff were friendly and I enjoyed the glass of cava at check in. The price was very reasonable being a little out of the centre but the good transport links make up for that. Definitely on my last of hotels to use. A good find!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for the feedback.
We are happy that this will be one of your preferred hotels in the future, so why not take advantage and become a Club H10 member and enjoy all the benefits to make your stay an even special one than you have already had.

Warm regards

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in the hotel New Year's Eve, on arrival we had champagne, the rooms were very very clean and comfy we also had slippers and dressing gowns provided in the rooms. The only thing I would say is the queuing for breakfast in the morning but apart from that a fantastic stay

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the constructive feedback. We are happy that you have had an excellent time on New Year’s Eve.
We have noted the issue with the queue’s for breakfast and we will at ways to improve on this.
Kind regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nghts over the New Year and had a great break. The hotel is very modern and extremely clean throughout. The staff were all friendly and efficient. The room we had was on the 11th floor with views towards the City and the Shard which was amazing at night. The bedroom was very clean and comfortable with all the usual comforts and some extras ie. i-pod dock etc.One negative is the high cost of the mini bar and food in the restaurant is fairly costly. It is very well located within walking distance of lots of attractions and about 5 mins or so from Lambeth North and 10 mins from Waterloo underground. Lambeth is a touch nearer and much quieter.
We didn't eat in the immediate area surrounding the hotel but as we have stayed on the Southbank before we walked to the river where there are many restaurants and bars to chose from. One of our favourites is The Wharf. Many people have mentioned the emergency services sirens in their reviews but we have found this happens wherever we stay in London or any other city for that matter - it is only to be expected in such a large area.

Room Tip: Higher rooms with better views and less traffic/street noise.

Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy that you have had a good time at the hotel during your 4 days with us, and that you enjoyed the services and comforts we provide.

Regarding the points of the mini bar and dinner, we thank you for the feedback and will look at ways to improve.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to you and your staff for making our stay a great and certainly memorable one. Both myself and the other couple that stayed at your hotel were completely blown away by the courtesy and superb customer service received.

I would also like to say a huge thank you for the upgrade that we were certainly not expecting. The room and view were spectacular. On arrival we were personally escorted to our room and we gratefully received this company! We would also like to extend a huge thank you for the lovely cava, petit fours and my husband definitely appreciated the beer!

The stay was complimented by a wonderful dinner in the hotel restaurant (again with wonderful views of city). Please express our thanks to the Chef and staff on the day. The food was beautifully presented, exquisite tastes and amazing on the senses all again complimented by wonderful wine and aperitifs.

After a wonderful sleep (and at our leisure for a change and not by little ones) we were welcomed by Charles for breakfast. The array of choice for breakfast was amazing and I certainly appreciated the churros and cava.

It was a real pleasure being able to stay in such a beautifully presented hotel and with such warm and friendly staff. I do hope that we can stay again or even pop by for drinks too and even maybe with the children as a treat for them! I did take note that the hotel, staff and services were all child friendly which is always lovely to see.

• Stayed: December 2012
H10HLW, General Manager at H10 London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
First and foremost, thank you for choosing the H10 London Waterloo for your stay. We are absolutely delighted that you had such a memorable time at the hotel and that we catered to all your needs. The head chef and Charles would like to thank you for such the lovely comments and are happy that you have enjoyed your time at the hotel. Why not take advantage of our fantastic H10 Club membership to make your stay an even special one than you already have had.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

After reading lots of good reviews about this hotel I went with quite high expectations and was not disappointed. As I had never heard of this hotel chain before I did a quite bit of research before hand, as I had booked it for my mother and I as a Christmas gift. My mother can be quite hard to please when it comes to hotels and she was very impressed!
The breakfast is well worth it. There were lots of different choices in the buffet, all well presented and delicious!
Another reason for choosing this hotel was the Spa and gym facilities. In the end I didn't use them as it was only located in a small room, which I wasn't really expecting as they made quite a big deal about their Spa. However, everything was all new and well kept but it was quite lonely in there. I did hear from one member of staff they are expanding it next year, so that is definitely something to look out for!
Another thing which is well worth a mention, is I emailed the hotel before my stay saying it was a gift for my mother. They ended up upgrading us from a Standard room to a Deluxe. I didn't really notice having never stayed there before and I don't think there is much difference in the two rooms, but it was very much appreciated! We were spoilt so will struggle to go for anything less now!
Overall, having stayed at various places like the Hilton in London this has been one of my nicest stays. Clean, modern, friendly and good value. I would definitely return and recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Better views from a higher room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you so very much for the positive feedback.

We are happy that it met your high expectations, as we strive to meet all our guests’ demands and requests.

We are delighted that you will come back, so why not take advantage of our Club H10 membership scheme to make your next stay an even more special one than you already had.

Kind regards,