I stayed at the W last summer with my daughter as a special treat. It was just one night due to the cost. The front desk staff were absolutely lovely and the bar area had a nice "happening" atmosphere. The room could have been lovely but was very dark with no idea how to switch the lights on or off (needed to get someone to come in and show us). A fault meant the shower, which was lit up, wouldn't turn off and there are lights under the bed that don't turn off either. To get the room dark meant taking the key card out completely but that then meant we couldn't switch anything on without a stumbling pitch dark walk back to the door. We asked for non feather pillows due to asthma and were brought some by a very surly staff member. When I pointed out that the replacements were also feather he categorically denied it and said they felt like feather but weren't. (They were feather!) So we slept with cushions instead of pillows which were not comfortable (obviously with buttons etc). Worst of all was that I requested tea/coffee making tray (as advertised) and when the kettle arrived and was filled and boiling we noticed a strange pungent smell in the room. It took a while to find (we thought it might be toilet or plugs) but was actually the kettle which was full of foul brown sludge. It looked like limescale that had been treated so had turned into a paste and would have been horrendous if either of us had drunk it. I wrote immediately afterwards and was offered a tiny discount on a future stay and promised a phone call to discuss this which never came. We won't be staying again, ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London
- W London Leicester Square England