“Perfect location!”

Ranked #384 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Berlin
“Perfect location!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The hotel is on Leicester Square so you can walk to all the nice shops by feed. The hotel is a bit different from the W hotels I already stayed at, don't know why, but it's not that good - maybe it's the city itself or the service... Went to the Spice Market restaurant and had huge stomach problems afterwards, so that we could not enjoy the city THAT much ;(
Anyway, London is TOP, but next time, we would choose another hotel...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear NinaHoliday,

Thank for you taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your stay at W London Leicester Square. It is really helpful to have this feedback from you – both positive and constructive. I am sorry that the experience failed to Wow you this occasion. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with us in detail. Please feel free to contact me via email coen.vanniersen@whotels.com at your convenience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.

Coen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I've been a fan of Starwood brand hotels for years, especially the W chain. This was actually the first time I've ever been disappointed by a stay on one of their properties. I've stayed at this hotel two times now (total of four nights) with the hope that it would be "better next time". I do believe I've given up. The first time I stayed, I was traveling with a Milan-based model as we were in London to shoot for a publication. Being an SPG Platinum member, I used two of my suite night upgrades for our stay (booking three weeks in advance). I received a confirmation email from SPG stating that we had been upgraded to the WOW suite. Upon arrival to the hotel, reception said that we were only reserved for the original room we booked and even though I cordially requested they upgrade us, we were denied and ended up staying in the original room. All while never being reimbursed for my two suite night awards. The second time I stayed at this hotel I was traveling alone and had repeated the suite night award request as before. I checked in at reception at 3:30pm and was given the keys to a WOW Suite. Great, right? Wrong. As a Platinum member you have the option of late check out at 4pm, and that's what the current guest was using. No problem, I'll just wait in the lobby. Staff was quick to accomodate me and give me two drink tickets for use at the bar. Over the course of the next hour I had two rum & cokes. I went back to the reception desk and was told that they weren't done cleaning the room yet and that I would be notified once they were done. I requested another drink ticket while I waited and the staff was more than happy to oblige. I had two more rum and cokes then reapproached the reception desk. "Sorry sir, the room still isn't ready yet." It was nearly 7pm at this point. I said this is starting to become ridiculous and no I didn't want anymore drink tickets because I didn't want to be sloshed before 8pm. I sat back down and 30 minutes later was finally informed that the room was good to go. I took a long shower and explored the room a bit. The quality and style was definitely up to par, if not exceeding, that of other W properties I have stayed at. I went downstairs and met up with a friend who lives in London and since I had already been put on the guest list to Wyld (the club inside the W) we decided to go check it out. The atmospere was fun and energetic but I have to say the drinks were overpriced. The bartender hooked us up with the alcohol to cola ratio in our drinks though after I gave him a generous initial tip. The beds aren't the most comfortable in the world but they provide a good night's sleep. As I said, the interior decor of the rooms is very cool and modern and I could look out and see people around the Chinatown district. It was a good view. After all of the hassle though I don't think I will be returning, which is a shame because this hotel has a great design and is located very centrally.

Contact: charles.g.wolford@googlemail.com

Room Tip: The WOW suite has a great view overlooking the area surrounding Chinatown and is very quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Charles W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am equally sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to assure you that your feedback is important to us as at times it pinpoints the direction on an area of needed focus and attention. We at W London – Leicester Square do endeavour to uphold the highest level of service at all times and I was sorry to hear that on this occasion fell short of that goal which is something we need to review closely.

Again, we appreciate your feedback and I hope you will consider returning to W London – Leicester Square in the not so distant future. Please feel free to contact me when you plan your next visit as I would like to oversee your stay personally. You can reach me via email on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The prime location was the only advantage. Overall I did not appreciate the décor of the hotel especially the dark lifts and the dark aisles leading to the room. The hotel should clearly state that it is not suitable for family with children below 15 years of age. We stayed with young children and were given a room located on the same floor as the club, which was noisy at night. The staff were not that helpful in resolving the issues with the room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dragonfli3
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Dragonfli3,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. I am sorry to hear your stay with us did not meet your expectation. I do believe that we cater for both business and leisure guests. Having said this, we are normally notified in advance by guests who are accompanied by children with specific ages and their requests so that we can organise our room allocation prior to their arrival. This would also depend on the type of rooms the guest’s book and the availability we have at the time.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and would like to see your return to W London – Leicester Square. Please let me know when you plan your next visit as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email on coen.vanniersen@whotels.com

Geneva_ch
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Maybe one of the best W hotels. Very nice room, trendy and nice design. Nice bar, very lively. Too bad that W hotel never includes Wifi in the room, only in the lobby. Location is perfect, close to Soho, Piccadilly, China Town. Check in was a bit slow, but they tried to be helpful. For people who like design and trendy hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Coen V, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear wise_lily,

First of all thank you for sharing your great review. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. However, I was sorry to hear about the delays you experienced on check-in. I have shared your comments with the relevant heads of department to ensure we improve in this area. I would like to also thank you for your kind words on my team, these hold great value and I will certainly share this with my entire team.

In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

In general unique nice experience. Professional and friendly staff. A lot of effort has been done. Although I fell in love with the mini club VIP bar, the attention to customers is far from perfection. Why? Needs more training and better approach. The bar gets busy late a night. Average crowd not a glam place as you might think. This is a management issue. Thanks for the inspirational design that will keep me going back. Very pricy competed to like wise places.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Manuk311,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It’s good to hear the overall experience our guests such as yours. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including modern décor of our bedrooms and in particularly the VIP Bar. These positive notes are greatly appreciated and I will definitely be sharing these with them.

Your feedback on service is also important to us and I will certainly share this with the relevant heads of department to ensure standards are met at all times.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I am at present staying with my husband at the W Leicester Square. We arrived this afternoon and the receptionist refered to me as 'her' when asking my husband to put my name down on the check in form. When questioned on this the response was that English is not her first language. After a flat G&T we went out to dinner but we were expected to que to get back into the hotel. When I walked through I was challenged by the doorman and told to use another entrance. Looking forward to leaving. What a rubbish hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Claire543
Dear Claire543,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I very am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectation. I can assure you that we take the feedback of our guests seriously and we always look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences.

With regards to the entrance, we have separate entrances for non-residents and a dedicated entrance for our resident guests. I apologise that this was not explained to you at the time. However, I would like the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may wish to bring to my attention in detail. Please feel free to contact me via email coen.vanniersen@whotels.com at your convenience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The W Hotel is nice. Great location between Leicester square and China town surrounded by countless bars and restaurants. Trafalgar Square is a short walk away. The hotel itself has a bar, nightclub and restaurant which we enjoyed. I liked our room, it was clean spacious and well decorated. We enjoyed the gym, great facilities.The only issue was with the shower drainage. It kept flooding into the bedroom area which was pretty annoying. Overall it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Hwak89,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us including the excellent location and the comforts of your room and our facilities in FIT.

However, I was sorry to hear about the issues you experiences with the shower and drainage. I have shared this with the relevant heads of department to ensure we bring improvements in this area.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.