I have stayed in many hotels in London over the years and have grown accustom to the lack of detail and service provided to "loyal" guests, so I have a through understanding of what to expect while here on business. Here are a list of "complaints".
1) The W hotel in Leicester Square has a terrible overall staff. I checked in on a Sunday at 5pm, and there was only 1 room that was clean. I find this a little disturbing considering that check out for non Platinum guests is at noon. Unless, of course, 99% of the guests staying in the hotel were platinum SPG members, which is a little hard to fathom.
2) This particular W hotel has adopted its modern and "art" look at the cost of functionality in the rooms. In the "Wonderful" room that I am stationed in has a center console in the room. There is a small "bathroom" sink on one side of the table, and a high top "desk" space with a high chair. So the intention is to place my laptop, next to the sink where I will be washing my hands and face.
3) There is only 1 outlet in the entire room located under the center console. The room is not small by any means, it is a decent size hotel room, but the lack of outlets makes me feel as if I am living in Amish Pennsylvania, running an electrical socket from the neighboring town to this "artistic" center console taking up space in my room. No, there are not any sockets beside the bed or nightstands, and to reach the sockets the lamps are plugged into would require a Black and Decker EPC18CA drill.
4) There are florescent purple and blue lights under the nightstands that cannot be turned off. Sexy time anyone?
5) The rooms on the Western side of the building face Wardour Street, where China Town restaurants begin, so the rooms smell like dim sum, and fried pork spring rolls.
6) The "Whatever/Whenever" concierge hot line consistently has staff that does not speak loudly, and hardly speak English. I asked for a US Power Adapter, and received a record player. Not joking.
7) The thought of an SPG lifetime platinum member getting any sort of upgrade to a larger room, or room on a higher floor is blasphemous.
8) Standard W fails for Platinum guests, no lounge, no free hot breakfast, and lack of service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London
- W London Leicester Square England