We were booked into the W as part of a group booking. I had read the TripAdvisor reviews beforehand so set off with trepidation.
We had a 4 hour drive to get to the hotel. We had to pre book valet parking as the hotel does not have its own parking and paid £100 for 2 nights valet parking- in a public car park!!!
Check in took forever, even though the reservation was pre booked , we didn't just walk off the streets. We had to show photo ID at check in - never ever had to do that at a UK hotel! Yet our friends who came from abroad didn't ' how does that work?? The guy that checked us in was so slow he was too busy trying to chatty and interactive. After our drive all we wanted was get to our room and chill.
The room was small -but I knew it would be from the reviews. I would say that the hotel is made from portable cabin style boxes stacked on top of each other. The room was like a shoe box with a toilet and separate shower room partitioned off the room out of frosted glass.
The wash basin is in the bedroom so when you have had a shower you walk into the bedroom dripping to get your towel off the island.
If you are not with someone you know intimately using the toilet could be embarrassing because every slight sound from within the toilet can be heard through the glass into the bedroom.
The lobby and bar area were great, fab decor. The bar was constantly busy whatever time of day we went through. At night it was packed and had a DJ playing- fabulous atmosphere!
The door men were friendly and courteous. I couldn't believe that there were people queuing outside to go into the hotel bar.
Our bedroom was on the 2nd floor. At night when we were in bed we could hear all the noise from the street.
The hotels location makes it great and though the room was disappointing I would stay again but would definitely research the different rooms and definitely ask to be on a higher floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London
- W London Leicester Square England