“A FANTASTIC experience”

Ranked #389 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Nottngham
“A FANTASTIC experience”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Both my partner & I visited the W London hotel for the first time on Friday 8th Nov. This was a surprise 1 day "get-away".
Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by the hotel reception. Check in was a breeze & we were upgraded, which was a nice surprise. The room we stayed in was absolutely fabulous, we couldnt have wished for anything better. (We have both stayed in luxurious hotels previosuly).
When we returned later in the evening a bottle of Moet was chilling which was a very nice touch (thankyou).
Breakfast in the Spice market was exceptional, we opted for the cooked breakfast and this was beautiful.
"Maybe" the ONLY negative point was the loud music we could hear late into the night, however this hotel is situated right on Leicester Sq itself, so anyone expecting a quiet night should go to the Cotswalds... :-)
A big thankyou to the hotel for a wonderful experience

Room Tip: Go floor 6...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Nigel C,

Thank you for sharing your great review with us. I am very pleased to hear that both you and your partner enjoyed your first stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including your breakfast experience in Spice market. Your warming words towards my team hold a great value to me and I will certainly share your note with my entire team and Chef as they too will appreciate this immensely.

I look forward to your return to W London – Leicester Square.

Warm regards,
Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The location of the hotel couldn't be more central if you want to be in the West End, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus, Oxford Street, Regent Street or Covent Garden area. Rooms are a bit trendy for those looking for traditional hotel room layout. For example, there is a sink/worktop/desk area in the middle of the room. I quite like it. It's like an upmarket CitizenM. Rooms are quite pricey for what it is. Shower not the best design as they had to place a towel in the shower to prevent the water from flooding into the room. Not sure if it is suitable for family. If you are looking for a modern hotel in the centre of all the action, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors. We were on the 2nd floor. It was noisy at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear sfchang,

Thank you for sharing your review following your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the excellent location. We take the feedback of our guests seriously, as we are always looking for ways to improve upon on our guests’ experiences.

Thank you once again and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to W London – Leicester Square.

San Jose, CA
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were here only for one night and were completely wowed with the service.
- Check-in was very nice and warm;
- Location of the hotel is great – It is next to Chinatown and Leicester square and hence you are in the middle of a lot of action;
- There must be a few hundred restaurants of all kinds within a one kilometer radius;
- We had a studio suite, which had a funky layout but was nice;
- Room service for breakfast was outstanding. We had complimentary continental breakfast due to status in the restaurant. However, since we were leaving early, the check-in W Insider took our order at the time of check-in and had the breakfast delivered to our room next morning with a personal note. The order was delivered perfectly;
- At check-out, they have hotel cars that took us to the airport. They were slightly more than taxis but we traveled in luxury (Mercedes);
- We had dinner at the Spice Market. Food was okay but the service again was outstanding.
We stayed at 6 different hotels on this trip and W came out on the top by far. Not what I would have expected but the hotel had a very International staff that were eager to go above and beyond in performing their job. Kudos to all the staff and managers.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CAWorldtraveler
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear CAWorldtraveler,

Thank you for sharing your great review. It is always a pleasure to hear of the overall experiences of our guests. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the location and your breakfast experience.

Your kind words on my team are greatly appreciated and I will personally be thanking them.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Woburn Sands, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Booked at the last minute as needed to stay in London due to work. Got a relatively good deal considering the price of other hotels. I would agree with other comments that does not really feel like a five star property. However, for the price I paid for the location etc I thought the value was fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear randj06,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. I am sorry your stay with us did not entirely meet your expectation.

I welcome the opportunity to discuss any points you may wish to bring to my attention in detail. Please feel free to contact me via email Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com at your convenience

Ulverston
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed at the W Leicester Square for 4 nights at the end of September, while attending a course in central London. I’d been to the bar in the W in Minneapolis last year and I thought it was extraordinary, so I was excited to be stoping in the hotel in London. The location is perfect for exploring London, although I would question if it would be the right choice if I was traveling with children, (I guessed by the sex toys in the minibar, that W doesn’t think so either).

The stay was spoiled by the most horrific head cold I had for the entire duration. For that reason, I couldn’t face the, bar or the gym, so I’m unable to comment on those areas. I had the most basic of the rooms, which was a lot bigger than it looks on the website (but by US and some european still small). I liked the design, although there were some maintenance issues, a visible repaired crack in the sink and the runners on the wardrobe weren’t aligned properly so the doors wouldn’t slide open without a guiding nudge from my foot. However, I wouldn’t want to stay in a room without a bath for more than a couple of days, and the rates for suite with a bath are quite frankly ridiculous. The bed, and linen were great, and I wasn’t disturbed by any noise even though I was on the 1st floor.

I only had breakfast in the hotel once, it was expensive, but it was by far the best hotel breakfast that I’ve had in years. Though for a tip, Balans on Old Compton Street, do a fry up for a fraction of the price. Every member of staff, I encountered, was friendly and courteous. The only other real complaint I have is that WIFI SHOULD BE FREE!!! I know, most hotels in the uk charge, but really, if McDonalds can provide good quality reliable wifi, this is just fleecing guests.

Is this truly a 5* hotel, or a (very good) 4*, I think it falls in the latter. There is too much of the guest working around someones “concept” of what a hotel should be, and not enough attention to detail or thought for the guest in the design and maintenance of the hotel. Don’t get me wrong, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, but staying there doesn’t make you feel special in the way that the very best hotels do. As I said earlier, this review my be tainted by how dreadful I felt when I stayed there, but I’m planning to return in February, so I will be updating this review after that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear parlow,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the services provided to you by my team. Your kind words on my team are greatly appreciated and I will certainly share this with all of them.

I understand your point about the minibar. However, we do remove alcohol contents from the minibar and the rest of the items which are non-suitable for children on guests request and especially when rooms are booked where children will be un-supervised by an adult.

I would like to thank you once again for your constructive feedback. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you further should you wish. You can reach me via email on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to W London – Leicester Square.

Warm regards,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The room is really nice, but half of it is the bathroom. Meaning, the sink and countertop are in the middle of the room and the shower and toilet are in their own closet type things. So this means that as you emerge from the shower, you've stepped out into the room. If you're traveling with a friend, things may get a little more intimate than you'd like.

Other than that, the room is comfortable, service is good, and the location is convenient.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear roo514,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the excellent location.

I appreciate your point about the design of the room. It was our intention to have the rooms designed to both maximise space and keep our guests comfortable. I can understand that this is not to everyone’s taste.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to W London – Leicester Square again.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

This was the third time I have stayed here in the last two and half years, the staff is beyond incredible.

The doorman Federico remembered my name even after two years between visits, he walked out of the back while I was checking in and said welcome back Bill, he even remembered I was from Las Vegas.

The rooms are incredible and beds are great, rooms are different from the standard hotels, that why I stay there, I want something cool and unusual.

Location is great, centrally located to mainly places in London and the underground and hop on hop off bus tours.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nevada21,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am very pleased to hear your stay with us met your expectation and that my team looked after you well. Your kind notes on my team hold great value to me and I will certainly be sharing these with all of them.

I look forward to your return to W London – Leicester Square.