W London Leicester Square
Hilton
$209
$203
Hotels.com
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$173
$164
$151
$398
$382
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
$252
$260
$249
Orbitz.com
2,104 results
All reviewsspectacular roomcool corner roommirrored doorsbliss productsspg platinumwow suiteshower and toilettrendy hotelhotel barfirst floorpiccadilly circuswest endregent streetan upgradecentral locationafternoon teamini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Unless you are on a one night business trip traveling alone, avoid this hotel. The room set up without a private bath/sink/shower area is very irritating. I have stayed at comfortable and stylish W hotels in the U.S. in L.A., Seattle and San Francisco, and liked the rooms and the hip vibe. My husband and I disliked this hotel so much, with its horrible bathroom arrangement and lack of cleanliness (moldy shower) , that we checked out after one night and moved to another Starwood hotel. The staff was very understanding of our concerns, and helped facilitate the move so we knew that our concerns were not unusual. The neighborhood is also not ideal unless you like the seedy side of London.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue D
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Sue D,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square. I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not to your expectation.

I appreciate your point about the design of our rooms. It was our intention to have the rooms designed to both maximise space and keep our guests comfortable. However, I can also understand that the design of our rooms is not to everyone’s taste.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments on my team. I will certainly be sharing these with all of them and it is always a pleasure to be of service to our guests.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to W London again. Please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to oversee your reservation personally. You can reach me via email on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We got a 2 for 1 deal on afternoon tea here & I am really glad that we did. Although quite nice, it certainly wasn't worth £25.
I think there are far too many sweet items on this tea & not enough sandwiches. The sweets were very pleasant but not outstanding. The tea and coffee was very nice and we were offered more. The staff were also very nice and attentive
The ambience was not what we thought it would be as it offers a rock theme afternoon tea but there was no music to be heard at all. The only rock theme appeared to be the LP discs that the tea was served on. Enjoyed but wouldn't rush back!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Troughton,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your Rock Afternoon Tea with us.

Your feedback is important to us and I will certainly share it with the relevant heads of department to their review. Your kind words on my team are greatly appreciated and I will certainly be sharing these with all of them as they too will appreciate this immensely.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

All in all, this was an amazing hotel stay thanks mostly to the staff who seem to be always at your beck and call: and to the location which is a great base for sightseeing, theatre, people watching -- everything a tourist comes to London for. The rooms are the only negative and not really the room itself but the lack of a "real" bathroom. Somehow a sink in the bedroom, a toilet in what should be a closet and a shower with no place to dry off is not my idea of good design. I know I am old and about as un-trendy as it is possible to be, but I don't think a proper bathroom is too much to ask.

In spite of the bathroom issue, we loved the hotel. As senior citizens we might be expected to be annoyed by the constant noise and tumolt of the area but we loved it. It was so alive! We enjoyed watching the "beautiful people" who hung out and the red carpet event that took place right outside our door. We walked to the theatre and to the National Gallery and took buses or the tube all over the city. The location is amazing.

The staff is the best we have ever experienced at any hotel we have stayed at. They were always accommodating, helpful, and always with what felt like a genuine concern for us as guests. We have been to 5 star hotels all over and experienced snooty staff who seem to make an art of ignoring customers. Here the staff seemed to all enjoy what they were doing, and were pleased to be doing it. From the greeters at the door, to the concierge, to the management each staff member was friendly and helpful. And, perhaps just as important, it was always easy to find a staff member if you needed one.

We had one special request that took some explaining but as soon as the desk staff understood what our problem was, she smiled and told me it would be taken care of. When I later spoke to another staff member to arrange things, she told me that her colleague had already taken care of it and spoken to her about it.

I can't praise the staff enough. I just wish the rooms were more comfortable for old fogies like me.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear bubby21,

Thank you for sharing your great review with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at W London – Leicester Square and our excellent location.

However, I was sorry to hear the design and features in the room and in particular the bathroom did not meet your expectation. I can understand that this is not to everyone’s taste and I am sorry for this.

In addition, I am pleased to hear your plans worked out well. Once again thank you for your warming comments towards my team, your kind words hold great value to me and I will definitely be sharing these with all of them.

In the meantime, I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I should let you know first off that this was going to be a 4 star review but since the staff at this W demand customers to be happy with there stay it turned out to be a 5+ rating for my partner and self. We started out in a Cool Corner suite but when we booked online it stated there was a bathtub in the room and we really wanted one. Upon arrival into the room there was only a walk in shower:( So we called the front desk which they apologized since the UK web site and US web site state different descriptions of this room. The manager Matthew Facey was unable to move us that night but said the following day he could promise a bathtub and breakfast was on him anything we wanted :). So the next day after some shopping and site seeing we returned to move into our new room. We went to our room and was shocked to see we had been upgraded to a WOW Suite (5 class levels above our room type). I was beside myself and very pleased. The manager Matthew even came up to deliver our luggage plus making sure we were 100% happy. We will be sure to visit this hotel again in the future trips to London. Thanks again to all the staff who made our stay and my first time to London one to remember and treating your SPG gold members so wonderful.

Room Tip: Try the Restaurant in the Hotel it has such amazing Thai food.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Christopher G,

Thank you for sharing your great review with us. I am very pleased to hear that both you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including the services provided to you by my team and especially Matthew Facey, our Welcome Desk Manager. These kind words hold a great value to me and my team. I will definitely share these with all of them.

I look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stay in London several times per year for business. The staff at the W are amazing. Particularly the Ambassadors (door). Great advise on food, coffee and all things west end. They guys and gals are really first class and I would recommend a stay at this W anytime. It is a little nutty in this part of town but everything possible is within walking distance of the front door. Beds are super, shower is hot and most of all the hotel is ultimately clean. All services are world class.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Dzool,

Thank you for sharing your great feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at W London – Leicester Square including your room and the location. Thank you for your kind words on my team this is greatly appreciated and I will certainly be sharing these with all of them and in particular the Ambassadors.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.