W London Leicester Square
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
2,104 results
All reviewsspectacular roomcool corner roommirrored doorsbliss productsspg platinumwow suiteshower and toilettrendy hotelhotel barfirst floorpiccadilly circuswest endregent streetan upgradecentral locationafternoon teamini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 1, 2013

In a city which has some amazing hotels, we thought we'd give this one a go as the chain has a good reputation. We may just have been unlucky but, seriously, don't bother - there are so many better hotels to stay in in London (and elsewhere!)

On the plus side, great breakfast and really comfortable bed and bed linen. And, of course, it's a central location but then so are many others.

Unfortunately the minuses far outweigh the plusses. It started off with our check in. We'd booked through lastminute,com and paid £550 for two nights, room only. The hotel had lost the paperwork from last minute.com - "an admin error" Despite us passing over the confirmation email clearly showing our booking and the fact that we'd paid, and the hotel having free rooms (I asked), we had to wait 40 minutes while they sorted out their error ... why didn't they just put us in a room and sort it out themselves; we weren't even offered a seat in the bar, and a drink, while they sorted it (queues at reception were a common theme that week-end!). I was quite flabber-ghasted at this. To top off our introduction to the hotel, the person 'serving' us, whilst we were checking in,and a colleague then proceeded to have a very public row about some keys the colleague wanted and the colleague stomped off in a very childish fashion. The whole row was quite beyond belief !

The rooms themselves were fine; modern and clean. The clutter free approach is great but it's a shame some thought wasn't put into some of the detail like the location of plugs and bins. We had to call the engineer out 3 times; the TV not working was met with the response "o yes the cleaners often knock the wires" - then show them how not to ! And the other two times were in connection with the lights which we couldn't switch off as the switches weren't working - on one occasion we'd gone to bed and were rather drunk and really didn't want to have to get up to let someone in to sort them. Buttons on the ipod player also didn't work.

Staff on public display often seemed more interested in having a gas and a laugh with their colleagues; not what you expect when you're paying these sort of prices.

Really disappointing and I would not recommend staying here for any reason.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend a room, I'd stay somewhere else !
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank L B
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear LB,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am extremely sorry to hear you were not happy with your stay, especially due to the confusion over your booking.

I have personally investigated your comments with our Talent and apologise for the disappointment caused to you on this occasion. Also, I have shared your feedback with the relevant managers to prevent the reoccurrence of these issues.

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to W London – Leicester Square. Please let me know when you plan your next stay, as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. You can reach me via email on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the W over the Easter weekend. The location is frankly unbeatable. We stayed in a 'wonderful' room on floor 2. All the rooms here are a similar decent size unless you plum for a suite.
The noise people complained about is minimal, we were directly above the disco bar & to be honest it wasn't all that bad. The street noise is also minimal. If you complain about slight background noise then don't stay on Leicester Square for Gods sake! What do you expect? the sounds of cows grazing and starlings twittering?
The hotel is ultra sleek & modern which is a welcome change from the borefest rooms which all look the same. If your not a risk taker or open minded stay at one of the many mind numbing chains on offer.
I likened this hotel to St Martins Lane. Rooms are a different layout from the norm & if you don't like that then don't book it without researching it. The amount of reviews moaning about the toilet light switching on (dimly) whilst entering during the night is ridiculous, its a great idea & is preferable to fumbling around for switch. The shower is brilliant & the whole room layout keeps you interested & makes efficient use of space.
The bar disco is for 25/40 year olds & is full of pretty girls waiting in vain for wealthy man to whisk them away which is cool as the mood is relaxed. The bar prices are steep 1 small bottled beer & a sugary mess in a champagne flute was £26:50 which was in corrected as the price list had it at £18:50. But hey, its full of idiots who want to pay those prices, & they were plenty of takers queuing up all night, which must of given the bar staff a chuckle. If I was a billionaire I'd giggle at these desperadoes too, the thing guys have to do to impress girls....
Remember though, this is prime location & you have to deter the riff raff somehow.
Overall the W is a cool alternative & a great treat for any stay in London. But if your a fuddy duddy stay at one of the 1000's of uninspiring 'safe' rooms instead.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Wizardmagicgirl

Dear Wizardmagicgirl,

Thank you for sharing your excellent feedback following your recent stay with us at the W London Leicester Square.

I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially your time in our Lounge Bar. Your positive comments are very welcome and I will share these with the entire team.

I hope to welcome you back to W London soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I was expecting too much about W hotel in London. I usually have very good impression about W. This is my first time said No to W hotel SPG group. As this is a new property W and I expect everything should be nice but however it was not.
This W hotel London is very small, probably the smallest W in the world from lobby to the room. Not impressive except the exterior of the hotel. W London is located right in China town, walking distance to Regent street. Basically it's a great location for local and travellers. However, check in took longer than I expect. I especially pick my birthday to stay in this hotel and hope for an upgrade as a SPG platinum but no upgrade. So instead they offered me a welcome drink and a slice of birthday cake as a gesture. Instead Andaz Hyatt always offer me a bottle of red, white or bubbles.

So the room was very small. The design of the toilet and shower is really bad. Waste a lot of space. Sound proof quality of the room is very bad. I can hear people walking outside my room and the disco music playing all night long outside the window. That's why there is an extra door inside the room to prevent noise coming in but not very useful. Anyway, I jump into the bed and rest. The bed is nice, there is a decoration pillow in the middle. This decoration is bloody smelly like someone's armpit. After 14 hours long haul flight and the first thing I jump into bed was this horrible smell. I immediately throw it away on the floor. What should I say? It's disappointed. Next day morning I just checked out and change to Le Meridian on Oxford street.
The rate is cheaper, bigger, close to major shopping areas although it's not brand new but overall it's way better than W.
I really like the location of W but I can't take more risk and spend money there. Also it's way over priced.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SPG Platinum W
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Chun W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am very sorry to hear that your first stay with us was not as expected.

I am very concerned about the amount of information you have shared and I would like the opportunity to discuss the points raised on a one-to-one basis. Please do contact me via email on Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com so that we can go through your comments in more detail.

Once again thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

The location of this hotel is fantastic, right in Leicester Square so very central. I would also say that the staff are great, Timor (?) on check-in was lovely and helpful and every request was catered for graciously and quickly.

My only problem was that the rooms were neither user friendly nor particularly comfortable. The wetroom and toilet are combined (there is no bath) so if one of you has had a shower, you then get wet feet every time you use the loo. There is a small handbasin next to the toilet and another one in the main room and neither of us could work out how to get hot water out of either of the stylish but useless taps. In addition, every time we used the tap in the main room, the entire mirror got soaked. Lighting is another challenge, with no indication of what switches do which lights and in the end we had to sleep with an under cabinet light left on because we could not find out how to switch it off. The bed was comfortable and the bedding was very good. We had a high room at the back of the hotel and had no noise at all so slept very well - the blinds keep out the light well. My only other complaint was that you have to request a tea tray, they are not provided in the room - probably spoil the aesthetics! They did bring this quickly but forgot the milk but, again, this arrived quickly when I phoned. But again, it was hard to find somewhere suitable to plug the kettle in as the sockets are in strange places and the kettle lead was very short.

I think this hotel is definitely a case of style over substance and if you want to stay in a trendy design led hotel, go for it. But if you want something comfortable and luxurious, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for higher up and at the back of the hotel, but the view will not be good (rooftops).
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beachlover-8899
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear cruell55

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am very sorry to hear you did not enjoy the unique features of our room.

I was also sorry to hear that you experienced some challenges with our In Room Dining. I have conducted a full investigation with the relevant managers in order to prevent any reoccurrence and we are also implementing further training with our staff in order to maintain the highest levels of standards and service which is expected at W London – Leicester Square

I would like the opportunity to welcome you back to W London – Leicester Square. Please let me know when you plan your next stay as I would like to personally oversee your reservation. Please feel free to contact me directly, my email is Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked 2 rooms in this hotel for our family. In one room I found hair tuft on the floor. There were not slippers and vanity sets in our rooms. I asked to bring them several times. Rooms were spacious but uncomfortable as there were not separate bathroom. Just shower and restroom. After shower you had to go out straight to the room and dry youself with towel there. The sink was in the center of the room. Our children by accident pulled the curtain and one strenghtening was broken. But housemaid just put the new strenghtening on the table alluding we would repair it ourselves.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anturix

Dear Anturix

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I was sorry to hear you and your family did not enjoy your stay with us.

I have noted all your comments and have taken up the service challenges you have experienced with the relevant department. I can assure you that relevant training will be provided to ensure that the highest level of service and standards are met. I would like to thank you for taking the time to identify these various elements.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to W London – Leicester Square. Please let me know when you plan your next visit so that I can personally oversee your reservation. Feel free to contact me, my email is Ian.Ciappara@whotels.com