Took 6 yr old daughter on first trip to London during half term this week - thought we'd do it in style so she gets an inkling on why I'm always going on about the need to work hard so you can afford nice things - and booked the W.
From moment our taxi drew up we were impressed - this is a proper 5 star and deserves its rating!
YES, uber chic and dark moody lighting; great rooms with quirky 'hidden' shower and loo; but not standoffish cool from staff - they were positively warm and friendly and couldn't do enough for us! Everyone lovely, but of particular note were Chris and Adam on the door - thank you boys.
Location was great for us - steps away from Chinatown (useful for Wonkey Wong Kei's!) moments from Piccadilly Circus and a short walk from Hamley's (very welcome when you're carrying that much swag!)
[Issues raised by previous Reviewers like traffic noise and nightclub noise were not noticed by us - and we were only on 4th floor]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London
- W London Leicester Square England