I give this hotel a 4 based on the nice deal we got. It is hard to find a decent centrally located hotel with ok room size in London. It is a shame that their service is so bad and if service is one of your top priorities, chose another hotel. If you can see beyond that, the hotel is a nice and different experience. Like "been there done that".
The hotel has walking distance to sightseeing, theatres and shopping and makes this place to a perfect weekend hotel. Entrance is marked with a huge W sign which makes you believe this is a nightclub rather than a hotel.
Nice bar and lounge with sofas in the lobby (free WiFi here). Never entered the BAR behind doors as it was mostly visited by people in the young 20:ties.
So unprofessional. First room had a nasty smelling of sewage. Maintenance guy agreed and suggested room change. Check in clerk deeply sighed and asked why we were not satisfied. No appologize...
Second room - no issues at all.
Layout has been discussed in numerous reviews already. Here are my issues.
I really enjoyed the colours and furniture. A nice change from colour less and boring buisness rooms at other hotels. Comfortable bed with soft cusions.
Sink in middle of room too shallow. Everything on and around the sink and desk (desk and sink is integrated...) gets wet, even floor.
As you step out of shower and enter room immediately, floor gets wet and you need to have towels everywhere. Slipper are NOT provided and they are highly needed!
You will here all noises coming from the toilet.
Surprinsingly poor selection of TV channels. Mostly news in different languages.
Completely useless. Paid for in-room wifi, did not manage once to connect my IPHONE either in room or in the free wifi zone in the lobby. My husband manage once in a while and it was painfully slow. In all other places as Starbucks etc I had no problems at all.
Served at Spice Market. Healthy and fresh. A lot of fresh berries, sourdough bread, homemade cereals, smoked salmon, smoothies etc. This is the continental version. If you order eggs etc from the menu, you will get a discount on the continental buffe.
Very well equipped and one of the better hotel gyms I have experienced. They also have a SPA which I did not try.
Staff feels young and untrained and have a very bad attitiude. They make you feel as if you should be grateful for letting you stay at their hip hotel.
Again at check out nobody apologized for making us having go change room. No "was everything alright" or "thank you, hoping to see you again soon" or "do you need help with transport". Just asking for credit card.
I have received far better service at McDonalds.
Will I return?
With family and small children - NO, not with the type of set-up of the room.
In business - for a few days and IF they get the WIFI working properly and TV channels improved
For a longer stay - NO
With friends - if you are really good friends and like to get naked in front of each other as it is not easy to change in "bathroom"
With the loved one for a weekend trip - yes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Evoline ltd, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London
- W London Leicester Square England