“Cool & trendy - not great for sleep...”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #397 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Stayed 3 nights, 2nd floor. Nice room, good bar. Location right on the corner of Leicester Square where the old Swiss Centre was. Major problem is that a key feature of a hotel is you should be able to sleep. Sadly the club goes on til 3am so sleep out of the question. Cue very snoozy man every morning. I commented on it at checkout - the front desk staff clearly have to try to deal with such comments on a daily basis. It's not their fault, nothing they can do - implied the same problem whichever floor you stay on. Re. comments on here about the 'bouncers' - no probs for me. Recognised me each time, always polite, and to be fair I'd imagine keeping some kind of security in Leicester Square's not the easiest job.

All in all 3 stars - for me a good hotel is clean, secure, good food, good service and allows a good sleep. This place does well on the first 4 but if you want a place to get your head down after a long day look elsewhere

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear HairyDan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am sorry to hear about the noise issues which you experienced whilst here.

I would like to apologise that your sleep was affected. I can understand how disappointing that would be and I am sorry for the inconvenience.

We are trying to monitor the noise from the DJ’s wherever possible but it can get louder in the bars on busy nights. I can assure you that we do take this seriously and I will be investigating this point you have raised within the department immediately.

On a more positive note, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the bar and our central location.

Please contact me if you decide to return as I would be happy to oversee your reservation on a future visit.

Ian

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I just spent a memorable long week-end at the W London Leicester Square in early October.

‪Our stay has been nothing less than amazing, thanks to the wonderful and incredible Fantastic Suite we had been upgraded to but, first and foremost, because of the outstanding and impeccable service we received from everyone at the hotel throughout our 4-day stay. Whether it was the concierge desk, the reception people, the guys greeting us downstairs, those coming up for the room service, or the bar team serving up our drinks and bites at the W lounge, they were all smile all the time and always provided us a service that was simply second-to-none.

This hotel is truly unique in London. A stone throw from Piccadilly Circus (which we were directly overlooking from our room !), it is right in Center London, with Soho, Covent Garden, Mayfair and most London landmarks within walking distance. And, if you like a contemporary and trendy vibe, the W lounge has to be the most lively and fabulous place to have a drink (make sure to try a Sir Winston...) at night or simply to relax during the day, both in the bar section with its never-ending curving sofa and in the more quiet "library" section with its high ceiling and fascinating plates-filled shelves...

As to the room, well, I don't think I could have had better than that in London as far as I am concerned !‬ Located on a high floor, our room was very modern and sleek, extremely bright during the day, with a very comfy bed and a breathtaking open-air bathroom where you could have a bath while overlooking the city outside...
‪ ‬
‪At the concierge desk, Josh Brown and his colleagues arranged and secured several reservations at some of London's best and most trendy restaurants (such as L'Atelier, Zuma and Hakassan Mayfair), and they were always available to assist. They really mean it when they say "whevever, whatever" !

A perfect and most enjoyable stay ! We can't wait to go back there on our next visit to London.

Room Tip: Higher floors are the best, and corner rooms on the Piccadilly Circus side are extremely bright and...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DDG333
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear DDG,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am so pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your time with us.

I am so happy to hear that you loved our Fantastic suite and the unique design of the hotel. The plates in the W Library really are a special feature of our work hard play hard attitude here at W London.

I am also delighted to hear that you found the service in the hotel impeccable. The team are working very hard to get it right and I am glad to hear that we are moving in the right direction.

I will be sure to pass this on to all teams, particularly Concierge and I know that they will be very happy to hear your encouraging words.

Please come back to visit as soon as we would love to welcome you back to stay with us.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I love W hotels, but I dont like the square. I first went when it opened then again a few times after that. The food and drinks are good, the vibe is decent on a weekend. I just wish it was in a different location. Try spice market, good restaurant. Rooms are a bit small, but expected in a big city and in a W hotel.

Room Tip: Any upgrade from the standard room will make you smile. Eat at Spice Market.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Whip,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am sorry to hear that you were not more comfortable with our location.

Leicester Square is the heart of Theatre Land and is in great proximity for our 39 seat Screening Room. It is also a very central location for the bars and restaurants in Soho and in close proximity to many tourist attractions.

However, I do realise that it is a very busy location and not to everyone’s taste. I am sorry to hear it wasn’t more to your liking .

On a more positive note, I am glad to hear that you liked the fun atmosphere in our bars and the deliclous offerings in our Spice Market restaurant.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was taken to W Hotel for my birthday and it was amazing. We stayed in the Wonderful Suite, which was literally wonderful!

The rooms are gorgeous, the bed is huge and the bathroom was awesome! I enjoyed my shower while watching tv : )

As for the location, you are in the heart of Leicester Square, and if you are looking for night life there is also a club at the Hotel.

This has been the best Hotel i have ever stayed in, and i've previously stayed in some stunning ones! I would love to go back and would love to stay in any other W Hotel around the world. I can't recommend enough how amazing it was.

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong in any room in this Hotel, it's gorgeous! But we stayed in...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am very glad that you had a wonderful birthday during your stay here.

It is also very exciting to hear that we are your best hotel experience to date.

Please do come back to see us and let me know if you need any recommendations for other W hotels around the world when you are travelling.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

well what a little gem of a hotel great location fantastic rooms and very nice food what stood out for me most apart from the rooms staff and location was the security with polite and courteous security on the front door and your room pass only allowing you onto the floor were you are staying i.e. when you get out of the lift on your floor there is a glass door that that only after swiping your room card gives you access to the landing and your room great idea all hotels should have it.
The only down side for me (and it wasn’t the hotels fault see later) was when I got back late at night I just wanted a quit drink and there was a disco going on and couldn’t here myself think so I went to bed couldn’t believe when I got to bed how quiet is was with all the mood lighting etc was asleep in no time
went down for breakfast the next morning and to my total horror just as you come in on the left from the street there was a beautiful quiet bar I must have just have just walked right passed it the previous night and not seen it will have to take my white stick next time
The breakfast and the service was first class well done

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank steve w

Dear Steve,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am very happy to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations on this visit.

It’s nice to know that our security is doing their job to make you feel safe and that you can appreciate our room’s access system.

I am glad that you had a great sleep in our very comfortable beds.

The bar you described is in Spice Market as part of their restaurant and it is definitely worth visiting next time.

Warm Regards

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was expecting big things from this hotel and it really delivered!

The location is right in the centre of the mayhem of London so it's not for the faint hearted, but perfect for those who want to see the usual sights that London has to offer, it is especially close to lots of eateries and bars.

The rooms themselves are just perfect, really spacious and filled with really modern and chic decor and include some lush Bliss toiletries which were really good to use. We had breakfast included with our room which was as gorgeous as the hotel itself! While we stayed in the hotel we also made full use of the spa and each had a massage which were just amazing, the spa area is really calming and relaxing with wonderful staff who were really friendly and professional. This was also of particular importance to us as my friend was heavily pregnant at the time and was given extra special attention, this was also the case by the main hotel staff too who made sure she had any extra pieces of bedding she wanted.

Overall the hotel was just amazing and everything we had hoped it would be. The only thing I would point out is that it does have a very popular bar/nightclub inside which is often use for high profile events, particularly at the weekend, so be prepared for some glamorous party goers using the lift and main entrances in the evening.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Cococlare bear,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am so pleased to hear that we managed to exceed your expectations.

I am very happy to hear that you had a great time in our fabulous Away Spa and indulged in some luxury. I am also glad to hear that your pregnant friend was made a fuss over as she deserves!

I hope we see you back to visit us very soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our first visit to a W hotel and first impressions were, wow! The place is very cool, the entrance is too and very funky.

Location is so central, and right in the middle of everything. Very busy around all the time and lots and lots of bars/restaurants to choose from. We didn’t park with the hotel, but used Q-Park just around the corner in Chinatown, only a few mins walk.

Reception was very good, courteous staff but very slow. They do make you feel like you matter though and offer water, etc. while you wait. There also seems to be a problem with pushy guests checking in who seem to think they can bypass others waiting there. Maybe the staff on reception could take note of who was waiting, to avoid conflict, or some kind of system put in place?

As there seemed to be a problem with our booking, we were sent to the bar with a card for free drinks, while they sorted it out. Very impressed with this, they really looked after us and it was lovely. Once sorted, we had to come back to check in as the room wasn’t ready. Fair enough, as we were early anyway.

The room was lovely, very quirky and stylish. The bed too was very big and comfortable and a view over Leicester Square. Also a note through the door wishing us a happy anniversary and more cards for free drinks, lovely touch. One thing we did miss however, which is a first, is that there are no coffee making facilities in the room. This was disappointing as we’d usually have one late at night or first thing in the morning before breakfast. Is this a way of getting you to have room service I wonder?

In the evening when coming back to the hotel, you are checked going in to see if you’re a resident and far from being a pain (after all, you just show your card) this actually made us feel quite good, bypassing the queue standing at the rope and going straight in! The bar gets very busy and loud from late afternoon/early evening, right to the early hours. Disappointingly, when we shut the door to our room, we could still hear the music. We did eventually manage to get to sleep though, albeit it a bit broken.

All in all a great hotel, with a couple of drawbacks but would go back if we were able to get a good deal again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RubyMoosday
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Kerry,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester square. I am happy to hear that we were able to Wow you.

We are always working hard to improve our service levels and we will use your constructive comments in our regular reviews to keep on improving standards within the hotel.

I am glad that you could appreciate the security at the hotel, who aim make everyone feel secure, and also to monitor the capacity in the busy bars for health and safety and for the comfort of all guests.

I do hope you can come back to see us in the near future.