“Fabulous!”

Ranked #386 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Bangkok, Thailand
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I arrived in the evening. After a 12 hour flight, we were keen for a drink in the bar before going to bed. Andrew on the front desk was excellent, whilst we were taken to our room to freshen up, he reserved a table for us (even though the bar was packed) for when we came back downstairs. Dominic and Maria were also excellent in helping us arrange our days and Jess and her team in the bar were friendly and efficient. The suite we had was fabulous and very comfortable. The location was good, could walk to the Palace, Big Ben and all the shopping, and the were many restaurants to choose from. We even left our camera in the W bar, and the manager chased us up the street to return it! Excellent stay, and will be back!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Travelgirl,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am very happy to hear that you had a fabulous stay with us.

I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the team and I am sure they will be delighted.

See you next time.

Ian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've stayed at W hotels throughout the USA, and am a Starwood platinum member so spend many nights in Starwood hotels. The W London, cares more for their nightclub, bar and restaurant than their hotel guests. I stayed here for a week, and the staff never recognised me. Every time I came back to my room, I was forced through the one roped of entrance and looked up and down by a bouncer who always asked "are you staying here".

Definitely not a good home away from home. If you do want to indulge in their nightclub, being a hotel guest doesn't even guarantee you entry. Even from level 5, all you can hear is the thud from the music at the nightclub until 3am.

I not an old fuddy duddy and I love clubbing but when you're away for a while and you want to just come back to your room and relax, you don't want to have to navigate through drunken hipsters queueing on the street and assessed by bouncers every time you come back.

Should be like the W in Scottsdale, AZ (also a huge nightspot) with separate entrances for their hotel guests and nightclub patrons... Not hard to do.

Room Tip: Choose the highest floor you can, away from the nightclub.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank pathlesstravelled81
Dear Pathlesstravelled81,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not more positive on this occasion.

I am sorry that you found the entry to the hotel stressful. We certainly do not want to make any guests feel uncomfortable whilst also adhering to the council regulations of monitoring the bar capacities on busy nights and making sure all guest are safe. However, I can understand that it may be annoying and I apologise for this inconvenience.

Regarding entry to Wyld, we will always try to put guests name on the guest list in advance whenever possible subject to availability. This can be done via Whatever Whenever and Concierge desk. However, I am sorry that entry was not possible on this visit.

I would also like to apologise about the noise levels and I can add that we are have sound levels in Wyld altered next week which should also help keep them at an acceptable level for both bar patrons and guests.

Again, please accept my apologies that your visit was disappointing and if you would consider returning please feel free to contact me as I would be happy to oversee your reservation.

Bristol
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Absolutely love the W. Stayed here only once and absolutley loved it. The rooms are incredibly stylish.
Have visited the bar several times since and had a great time. Although it is a bit of a nightmare to get into if you are not a resident or on the guestlist although perfectly understanable.
However, has a really good atmosphere on most nights and a great drinks selection.
Also staff are courteous and pleasant which is a a bit of a rarity in places like this.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Ian C, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Sam,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London. I’m really happy to hear that you love the hotel.

The W Lounge bar and Wyld do have a great atmosphere and drink selection and I am happy to hear that we can count on you as one of our regular guests.

I hope to see you again in the near future.

London
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We booked 3 rooms at W as we were celebrating a significant birthday of my partner. W joined in the fun by decorating our room before we arrived and ensured the check in process was smooth and relaxed. The rooms are up to the frivolous and comfortable standard W is known for around the world. The staff, in particular Roberto and the door men, were very friendly and ensured, among other things, that our bags were deposited in our rooms after a taxi they arranged collected us at home took us to dinner elsewhere. All in all a fabulous night!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Isabella,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London. I’m really happy to hear that your partner had a special birthday at W London.

It’s great that you enjoyed some birthday fun here and I will pass on your thanks to Roberto and the team.

See you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Wow! What a hotel!

Great deco, really good service and great value!

The bar at reception level worth a visit, good drinks list and overlooks Leicester Square.
We stayed in a high floor room overlooking the Square and it was lovely. The room and en-suite very modern & chic with the sink/basic in an island in the room! The room was spacious and comfortable with good amenities.

We enjoyed our stay there and would definitely stay with the W again. Lovely!

Room Tip: Ask for high room overlooking Leicester Square
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Fierce Chilli,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am really pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable time with us.

It’s great that you appreciated our W Lounge bar and the décor of the hotel.

I hope we see you again shortly.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2012

When traveling you always hope for the best but realize that things happen that may make the trip less enjoyable.....we stayed at the W London Sep 23, 2012 for 3 nights and loved every second...here is our story:

After a LONG flight arrived at the hotel mid afternoon and as Starwoods members were told that we were going to be upgraded. George who took care of us at the front desk made sure we were totally happy and patiently answered all of our questions.

The room, as expected was perfect...clean, very modern and also very quiet!! The location of the hotel was ideal as in the immediate area there were tons of shopping, restaurants, pubs and theatres . Only steps away was the tube station and the meeting place of the "Hop on hop off tour" . Even the MAPLE LEAF (Canadian pub) was a 10 minute walk!

The service in the lounge was great as was the food and the service in the 'Spice Market' where we had a great breakfast.

George our 'front desk' guy was leaving for home one night and we mentioned to him that we had a problem getting into our room- he took off his jacket and immediately found the issue was the battery in our door had died. He instructed us to go the lounge and have a couple of drinks on him while they fixed it....we did and soon were told everything was fixed. Thank you George!!

We are thankful for the quality that Starwoods continues to maintain -NO matter what part of the world you travel to. Thank you Starwoods, W London and yes...George for the great stay in London!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank holidaychaser2011
Dear Holiday Chaser,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am very glad to hear that you experienced a wonderful stay with us.

We are very proud of our hard working front desk team and I am happy that George made your stay that extra bit special.

I will certainly pass on your kind comments which I am sure he will be delighted to hear.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel really rocks, but it comes at a price. I love W hotels and have visited a lot in the States. This is a very new one and one does notice that everything is still looking amazing and fresh. But I found the rooms quite small and expensive, but then again, the location was the best!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Brenda,

Thank you for sharing your feedback at W London Leicester Square. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Regarding the price, we do find that our prices are very competitive and in line with other 5 star hotels in Central London.

We also try to maximise space through the design features of the bedrooms such as the multi-functional vanity unit.

On a positive note, I am glad that you did appreciate our central location and the appearance of our shiny hotel.

I hope to see you return to visit us soon.

Warm Regards