On arriving in the hotel, my first thought was that this was just like walking into a fancy nightclub. The w is very very new and has dark hallways with disco balls decorating the reception. Its cool, very cool, way cooler than anyone I saw walking in or out during my 4 night stay. You feel like you should have your hair done just to go for breakfast. The room I had was similar, really well designed with everything hidden behind moving panels and mirrors on the walls (which meant 20 minutes of pressing walls to see if they would move). The toiletries from Bliss sit on the sink in the middle of the room which is very odd.
So thats it, you arrive and think this place is fantastic and then when it gets to the main point of what you do when you stay in hotels, you realise that the W is way more like a nightclub than you wanted - you can hear every beat, so much so that it feels like your bed is in the middle of the dancefloor until late in the night (every night, at least Monday-Friday that I was there). This really was a bit of a pain as when you are paying more than £400 per night you really hope that you will be able to get a little shut eye.
Two more small faults (and clearly not sleeping has to be the biggest) were that there was nowhere near enough plug sockets in the room. I could only find two (after pressing every wall panel) which when you have a laptop, ipad, phone to charge along with a hairdryer to plug in really isnt great. The electrics in the room also seem overly complicated and while I was there I managed to somehow press the wrong series of buttons so that my lights would not go off. The engineer who arrived to my room said that this was not uncommon and after 10 minutes had turned everything off from a wall panel outside the room.
I wouldnt pay to stay here again, as much as the hotel is beautiful and very very cool its a lot to pay to get no sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Starwood EMEA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TravelUp, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London
- W London Leicester Square England