I want to preface this review by saying that I am not the demographic the W London is looking to connect with, so keep this in mind if you read further.
The hotel's location is good. It's central and near two underground stations, walking distance from a ton of places.
The hotel itself is a little too hip for me. The music piped throughout the hotel is house music so anytime you wait for an elevator or walk through the halls you will hear the rhythmic beat, "Un-cha Un-cha Un-cha Un-cha." The hallways are super dark with disco balls (I kid you not) illuminating them a little. The rooms are also super hip...so much so that I could not find the bathroom for a few minutes, and had to call the front desk to learn how to turn off the purple lights under the sink so I could sleep. By the way, I'm 40. Not 100. A reasonably bright 40 year-old should be able to find the bathroom and turn off the lights. As for comfort, the rooms are certainly more style than substance.
There's no desk in the room so if you need to work you'll want to find another hotel.
Blinds are such that you either black out the room or leave the window open to the flashing lights outside. So if you like to have some natural light come in upon waking in the morning, you are out of luck. I nearly overslept for something this morning because I closed the blind last night due to flashing light show from outside keeping me up.
This hotel is all show. And if that's what you are looking for, come on in. However, if you are like me and here on business, look elsewhere.
It's a perfectly fine hotel for what it is. And of course it's my fault for not doing further research before planning my short stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood EMEA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London
- W London Leicester Square England