“Hip Hotel with Superior Customer Service”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #401 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I have stayed at this W hotel twice. The hotel is amazing. It is located in Soho within steps of the theatres. If you do not like tourists and crowds, especially in the summer, this is not a place for you. I would not recommend this hotel for people with children. Although I have seen families with small children at the hotel I would say the atmosphere is more appropriate for those not travelling with young children.

I would like to specifically call out members of the staff, as I am a frequent traveler and this W provided me with some of the best service I have ever received.

Vilvin (promoter for the Wyld Club inside the W) – Vilvin is a ball of energy. Not only is she very outgoing, but she extremely knowledgeable about the nightlife in London. One night, she made arrangements for my friends and I to spend the evening at one of the “it” spots in the city. The evening was well planned and went very smoothly, all due to Vilvin’s efforts.

Neil (Bar Manager at the hotel bar on the 2nd Floor) – Neil’s customer service skills are top notch. Whenever I was in the bar/restaurant he was constantly checking on the patrons to make everything was to their satisfaction. It seemed any request was not too great for Neil to accommodate. One night in the bar, I was without a chair. Neil noticed and asked me if I would like a chair. In a crowded bar with every seat taken, he managed to find me a chair and brought to me.

Nick (Bartender at the hotel bar on the 2nd floor) – Ray is a bartender extraordinaire. You name a drink, chances are he knows how to make it to perfection (even the most obscure). I had mentioned to him that I had never tried Absinthe. Not only did Nick make me an Absinthe cocktail, but the next day he bought me a bottle and gave it to me take back home.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the second floor near the Business Center.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Dear Wrldtraveller5280,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am extremely happy to hear you had such a positive experience during your stay with us.

It is lovely to hear such positive feedback about our Wyld and W Lounge bar team. These staff are doing a great job and I am really pleased that they each managed to Wow you during your visit.

I will certainly pass on your message to them and I am sure they will be extremely happy to hear it.

See you soon.

Kevin Rockey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,060)

Reviewed August 8, 2011

This hotel is very refreshing, with very pleasant rooms! Dynamic and young, it is the place to be! Great design overall and exciting athmosphere! The location is very central, in the heart of London.. Rooms are big, clean and well decorated.. and staff is kind ans very helpful! P.S : good massages at the SPA!

Exciting expérience!

• Stayed: August 2011
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

Dear Radio Harris,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It is great that you are appreciate the W brand and found the atmosphere in the hotel very refreshing and exciting.

I am also pleased that you had time for one of our amazing massages at our Away Spa.

See you soon.

Kevin

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I've walked by this hotel several times since it was built, thinking I should stay there on my next business trip. I finally had a chance to do so last weekend. It's a mixed bag:

Pluses:
- Outstanding check-in service with polite reception staff who know what they are doing, but it is a bit slow as they are pretty chatty
- Great location at the heart of London
- It's new, so is comparatively less encrusted with other people's bodily fluids relative to other, older hotels

Minuses:
- It tries a bit too hard to be trendy - the bathrooms are just ridiculous (they are hidden away in mirrored closets)
- The crowds of people with questionable taste queuing to get into the bar at night make it really inconvenient to get into the hotel if you (like me) sometimes forget your key
- Operator service is patchy - they forgot my wakeup call. Rookie mistake. In general the operator staff are a bit prickly and rude.

Overall, the hotel is interesting enough to give it a visit - but given the mediocre back-office service and the inconvenience of navigating the crowds, it might be too much of a hassle to make it my go-to hotel in London.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Alphabetsoup,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am sorry that your visit with us was not more positive on this occasion.

I am very sorry to hear about the issues with the wake- up call from our Whatever Whenever service. This matter is being fully investigated within the department and we are also implementing further on-going training within the team to prevent reoccurrence.

I am also sorry that the design of the bathroom was not to your liking. We did try to keep the comfort of our guests in mind with this design which allows extra space in the living area. However, we do realise that the design is not everyone’s taste.

On a more positive note, it’s great that you enjoyed a great service experience at check-in and enjoyed our central location.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in future.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We booked this room as we were staying in London for our 37th wedding anniversary.Some reviews left us with some doubts but the reality was that W hotel delivers on all fronts. Welcome from concierge team at front door was the best I have had anywhere in the world and this level of service continued over the weekend in all areas of the hotel. There was a perfect balance between effectiveness and friendliness. All the staff subscribed to Sam Walton's view that if you come across a customer you speak to them and ask if there is anything you can do.The room was extremely comfortable and the deisgn whilst not traditional was very exciting. If you get the chance go.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Jock1957,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit to W London Leicester Square. I am so pleased to hear that you had a lovely wedding anniversary and congratulations!

It is lovely to read such a glowing review regarding the service levels you received from all of our staff as they have been working very hard to make every guest feel special. I will certainly pass this onto our Concierge team in particular and I am sure they will be delighted to hear that you have rated them so highly.

We hope to see you back at W very soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We didn't actually stay at the hotel - we went to the Spice Market restaurant (remarkable in every way) and the Wyld bar (gla gla gla glamorous). The entire evening was incredibly fabulous, relaxed and fun. The attentive, professional and efficient staff make you feel special and indulged. A perfect venue for a special occasion, or when you just want to feel like a celeb! The food was fragrant and authentic, the cocktails delicious, and the decor/surroundings lush and sexy yet comfortable, with big sofas littered with velvet and silk scatter cushions. And enough (tastful) glitter balls to rival a Kylie concert...one word: WOW

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Very nice room and staff was extemely helpful. Great location, very upscale bar/lounge which we did not use but it looked great.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family

Dear Bbeverland,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very glad that you enjoyed your visit.

It’s great to hear that you appreciated our great location, hotel design and also that you found our staff very helpful.

See you next time.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for our 10th wedding anniversary.

We stayed in the Cool Corner room which was lovely, although smaller than shown on the internet. Lovely bathroom, lovely toiletries! and a very comfortable bed. We had Champagne and strawberries delivered to our room (complimentary) which was a very lovely gesture and went down a treat!

We ate in the Spice Market restaurant and then later went into WYLD. Had a really brilliant time. I am looking forward to our next anniversary already as I am hoping to come back again...in the meantime I will definitely come back to have a drink in their bar!

Thank you W Hotel!

Katie

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Dear Katie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. Congratulations on your 10th wedding anniversary! I am really pleased that you had a lovely wedding anniversary at the hotel.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the food at Spice Market and had a fantastic time in our Wyld bar.

We hope to see you next anniversary if not before.

Kevin