I've walked by this hotel several times since it was built, thinking I should stay there on my next business trip. I finally had a chance to do so last weekend. It's a mixed bag:
- Outstanding check-in service with polite reception staff who know what they are doing, but it is a bit slow as they are pretty chatty
- Great location at the heart of London
- It's new, so is comparatively less encrusted with other people's bodily fluids relative to other, older hotels
- It tries a bit too hard to be trendy - the bathrooms are just ridiculous (they are hidden away in mirrored closets)
- The crowds of people with questionable taste queuing to get into the bar at night make it really inconvenient to get into the hotel if you (like me) sometimes forget your key
- Operator service is patchy - they forgot my wakeup call. Rookie mistake. In general the operator staff are a bit prickly and rude.
Overall, the hotel is interesting enough to give it a visit - but given the mediocre back-office service and the inconvenience of navigating the crowds, it might be too much of a hassle to make it my go-to hotel in London.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London
- W London Leicester Square England