“Super location - a bit too "cool" for business.”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #386 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Beijing, China
“Super location - a bit too "cool" for business.”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

The hotel is funky and the location perfect. The design of the rooms sometimes gets in the way of practicality. My girlfriend and I went for 4 days to celebrate her birthday. It was nice but the housekeeping staff left a lot of room for improvement. They never refilled the shampoo and other toiletries - certainly expected at 400 pounds per night. The staff are very "cool" and sometimes they make you feel as if you just aren't cutting edge enough for the hotel!

• Stayed July 2011
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear RT1971,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not more positive on this occasion.

I would like to apologise that the housekeeping staff were not working to the high standard that they should have been during your visit. I have had this matter investigated within the department and we are also continuing to step up their training to improve performance.

I am also sorry to hear that you were not made to feel comfortable in the bar. This is certainly not the impression that we are trying to create and we do encourage our staff to be friendly and approachable at all times.

On a more positive note, I am glad that you enjoyed the funky design and central location of the hotel.

Again, please accept my apologies that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion. If you do decide to return to the hotel please let me know as I would like to oversee your reservation.

Kevin Rockey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (501)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed few weeks ago at W London, I like W hotels. They are usually nice and the service is very good. W London is amazing and service was above any of my expectation.

The rooms are very original, modern and very nice for a week-end with your partner. We have been told by the staff that their bar was the place to be in London at the moment so we experienced it, and trust me, the crowd and the didn't make us feel we were still in the hotel, it is a real bar, and a good one, from the cocktails to the 5-star service here again.

We do specially remember our checkin, with CHARLES (and I insist), he gave us all the information we needed, told us he would be here during our whole stay so if we needed anything we could come to him or call their whatever-whenever. We were looking for a restaurant, and when he saw the concierge was busy (only one concierge), he gave us some recommendation (and we had a lovely dinner this night). Once again, thanks to him for making our stay that great.

We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Darren,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. It is lovely to hear that you had an excellent stay with us.

I am very pleased that you appreciated the unique design of the hotel and the atmosphere in the bars.

It is also great to hear that you were well looked after by Charles. I will certainly pass on your message to him and I am sure he will be delighted.

Bath
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I love a good shower and the W London came up trumps along with lots of Bliss toiletries which were a real treat.

I genuinely thought the service was charming and although expensive it is right in the centre of town and I found myself thinking it was worth the extra £60 compared to my usual London hotel.

Room service was good and the mini bar was well stocked, though as always expensive.

My one gripe was that I couldn't figure out how to turn off the ambient light which I think was around the window so the room was bathed in an eerie blue light all night when generally I prefer to sleep in the pitch dark

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Dear Kate6161,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel.

However, I am sorry about issue with the lighting in your room. We are in the process of reviewing this at the moment in order to communicate clearer instructions for usage to all our guests.

On a positive note, I am happy that you loved our Bliss products and were impressed with our room service and central location.

See you soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I know this hotel is a love it or hate it. it is VERY modern-not for everyone..but how about everyone from the bellpeople to the waitstaff to the concierge doing anything they possibly can to make you happy, get you want you want, find you what you need? In how many hotels can you say you got that feeling? If you like posh yet ultramodern, and you want to feel catered to completely, I think this is the hotel for you...
downsides? : the windows don't open, and the room layouts are very funky (sink is in the room) and the outside windows have a pattern on them that make it harder to see what's happening outside.
upsides? : great toiletries, great restaurant, SUPER cool bar when famous people get seen on a daily basis. Not that you care, you are too cool for that, right? Check it out. Thanks to all of you at the W! See you again~

Dear Artinsights,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am very pleased to hear that you loved the hotel.

Our staff really do try to make everyone’s stay as special as possible and it is lovely to hear that you appreciated it.

It’s also great that you get the unique brand that is W.

We hope to see you back here very soon.

San Mateo, California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The central location of this hotel is unbeatable, and the rooms, while smallish, are really fun, especially the lighting. But what puts this hotel a cut above is the excellent staff - no matter where in the hotel you encounter them, they are incredibly courteous and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Dear Spencer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am very pleased that you had such a great experience at the hotel.

It is lovely to hear that you were so impressed by our staff as they are working very hard to maintain a high standard of service and make every guest feel special.

It is also great that you appreciated the unique design of the rooms and our central location.

See you next time.

London
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed at The W as a surprise for our one year anniversary, and it was awesome. Very cool design, really helpful and friendly staff and some cracking cocktails! Rooms are quirky with the most comfortable beds.

When checking in we just mentioned in passing that it was our anniversary, and when we arrived back in the room later in the day, we were greeted by a complimentary bottle of fizz from a W Insider. Nice touch!

The icing on the cake though was the hostess at Wyld (the lovely Vilvin) providing the perfect end to a perfect day with access to the club. It was great to hang out in one of London's best clubs, with the most impressive disco ball you're ever likely to see.

All-in-all, a brilliant experience. I'm looking forward to the second year anniversary for the next visit!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JasonR1975
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear JasonR197,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am really pleased that you had a lovely anniversary here at W.

The team love looking after people for their special occasions and Wyld is fun place to spend it.

We will look forward to seeing you again next year if not before.

NYC
Reviewed July 24, 2011

It is unbelievable this could be called a W, as it is a W in looks only.
The welcome & check in staff aren't trained, and they don't give the Platinum members the perks they are supposed to get.
The rooms are constructed like 1950s efficiency apartments, as the sink is in the middle of the structure that also serves as the towel rack and desk. There are 2, yes just 2, outlets in most of the rooms.
This hotel was designed for people who get drunk in the bar downstairs and want to take it upstairs. The bed is comfortable and the shower is nice, but there is no storage space and the presence of the sink in the middle of the room is simply bizarre.
The staff won't let friends and family up on a Saturday night unless they've managed to remember your room number.
Leave it for those desperate enough to pay through the nose for a one-night stand.

3 Thank ilovemanhattanNyc
Dear IlovemanhattanNy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I'm sorry to hear that with the exception of the bed and shower W London really wasn't to your liking.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail I would be more than happy to speak with you personally.