“Great room, fabulous shower!”

W London Leicester Square
Ranked #397 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I love a good shower and the W London came up trumps along with lots of Bliss toiletries which were a real treat.

I genuinely thought the service was charming and although expensive it is right in the centre of town and I found myself thinking it was worth the extra £60 compared to my usual London hotel.

Room service was good and the mini bar was well stocked, though as always expensive.

My one gripe was that I couldn't figure out how to turn off the ambient light which I think was around the window so the room was bathed in an eerie blue light all night when generally I prefer to sleep in the pitch dark

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2011

Dear Kate6161,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel.

However, I am sorry about issue with the lighting in your room. We are in the process of reviewing this at the moment in order to communicate clearer instructions for usage to all our guests.

On a positive note, I am happy that you loved our Bliss products and were impressed with our room service and central location.

See you soon.

Kevin Rockey

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I know this hotel is a love it or hate it. it is VERY modern-not for everyone..but how about everyone from the bellpeople to the waitstaff to the concierge doing anything they possibly can to make you happy, get you want you want, find you what you need? In how many hotels can you say you got that feeling? If you like posh yet ultramodern, and you want to feel catered to completely, I think this is the hotel for you...
downsides? : the windows don't open, and the room layouts are very funky (sink is in the room) and the outside windows have a pattern on them that make it harder to see what's happening outside.
upsides? : great toiletries, great restaurant, SUPER cool bar when famous people get seen on a daily basis. Not that you care, you are too cool for that, right? Check it out. Thanks to all of you at the W! See you again~

Dear Artinsights,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am very pleased to hear that you loved the hotel.

Our staff really do try to make everyone’s stay as special as possible and it is lovely to hear that you appreciated it.

It’s also great that you get the unique brand that is W.

We hope to see you back here very soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

The central location of this hotel is unbeatable, and the rooms, while smallish, are really fun, especially the lighting. But what puts this hotel a cut above is the excellent staff - no matter where in the hotel you encounter them, they are incredibly courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Dear Spencer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am very pleased that you had such a great experience at the hotel.

It is lovely to hear that you were so impressed by our staff as they are working very hard to maintain a high standard of service and make every guest feel special.

It is also great that you appreciated the unique design of the rooms and our central location.

See you next time.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

Stayed at The W as a surprise for our one year anniversary, and it was awesome. Very cool design, really helpful and friendly staff and some cracking cocktails! Rooms are quirky with the most comfortable beds.

When checking in we just mentioned in passing that it was our anniversary, and when we arrived back in the room later in the day, we were greeted by a complimentary bottle of fizz from a W Insider. Nice touch!

The icing on the cake though was the hostess at Wyld (the lovely Vilvin) providing the perfect end to a perfect day with access to the club. It was great to hang out in one of London's best clubs, with the most impressive disco ball you're ever likely to see.

All-in-all, a brilliant experience. I'm looking forward to the second year anniversary for the next visit!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JasonR1975
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2011

Dear JasonR197,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am really pleased that you had a lovely anniversary here at W.

The team love looking after people for their special occasions and Wyld is fun place to spend it.

We will look forward to seeing you again next year if not before.

Reviewed July 24, 2011

It is unbelievable this could be called a W, as it is a W in looks only.
The welcome & check in staff aren't trained, and they don't give the Platinum members the perks they are supposed to get.
The rooms are constructed like 1950s efficiency apartments, as the sink is in the middle of the structure that also serves as the towel rack and desk. There are 2, yes just 2, outlets in most of the rooms.
This hotel was designed for people who get drunk in the bar downstairs and want to take it upstairs. The bed is comfortable and the shower is nice, but there is no storage space and the presence of the sink in the middle of the room is simply bizarre.
The staff won't let friends and family up on a Saturday night unless they've managed to remember your room number.
Leave it for those desperate enough to pay through the nose for a one-night stand.

3  Thank ilovemanhattanNyc

Dear IlovemanhattanNy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I'm sorry to hear that with the exception of the bed and shower W London really wasn't to your liking.

If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail I would be more than happy to speak with you personally.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

This is the first time my wife and I are staying (still, at the time of this writing) in W Hotel London. We picked this hotel for 3 reasons: we had a very good experience at W Hotel San Francisco, my daughter used to work for Starwood and we want to have a centrally located, reasonably priced hotel for the private part of this trip (for the business part, we're staying at the Sheraton Tower in Knightsbridge).

We weren't disappointed!

First, the reception (Andrew) was extremely accommodating. Customer service! We arrived around 9:30am. While most hotels will simply tell you that room is not ready. Andrew searched for an available room, called housekeeping to clean up a room from where a guest already checked out, directed us to where we can have breakfast, help us setting up our WiFi, etc. Other staff (including the bellman and at Spice Market) were very helpful and friendly.

The only slight downsides are:

1. Location - too central! Too many tourists on the surrounding streets. But then, that's what we wanted in the first place but never expected it could be overwhelming. First time we stayed in this part of London.

2. Room - very functional but on the small side. Good value for money, though, especially for London.

Overall, a very pleasant and satisfactory stay, so far, and I hope it remains that way.

We're staying here again next week on our stopover from our trip to Central Europe. I expect the same level of overall satisfaction.

• Stayed: July 2011
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Dear Jojo-bebot,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at W London Leicester Square. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the friendly and efficient customer service from our staff. We really do aim to go that extra mile to make all our guests feel special at W.

I hope we see you return soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in
July'11 we had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay. The rooms are clean and adequately equipped with all essentials. The bed was very comfortable and the room very trendy. The hotel staff couldn't be more helpful catering for our every need. The hotel is located in Leicester Square an area surrounded by good restaurants, bars, clubs and casinos.

• Stayed: July 2011
DenneDempsey, General Manager at W London Leicester Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Dear Semlee,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at W London. I am very pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience with us.

I am happy that you enjoyed our comfortable and stylish rooms and also the central location and all it has to offer.

See you next time.