A second visit to the 1st floor bar at the 'W' with friends at 1.30pm on Saturday 9 April.
There were eight other people in the bar, ordered a bottle of rose wine with three glasses. Ten minutes later an ice bucket arrived, five minutes after that three wine glasses and four minutes later the wine. One of the glasses was dirty, sent back and another four minutes later a replacement arrived. Throughout the event there was no greeting, no smile, no eye contact, nothing. The biggest insult was the 15% service charge; arrogance beyond comprehension. Did I say anything; I would usually however on this occasion we were so glad to leave we couldn't be bothered. A truly underwhelming visit. 5 star? We get better service in the local, and the glasses are clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated and quirky, glamorous and decadent, W London - Leicester Square crystallizes the quintessential dual personality of the British soul. Located steps away from theatre land, the catwalks of Brewer Street and Soho’s electric nightlife, the hotel - like the city itself - is a bold contrast of themes, colors, textures and characters. Experience luxury comfort and the vibrant decor of our rooms and suites, your ultimate pit stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your W London Leicester Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w London Leicester Square Hotel London
- W London Leicester Square England