Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $32.90
from $90.80
from $45.00
More Info
All reviews test match watch cricket cricket fan cricket lovers vauxhall station county cricket international cricket cricket history committee room long room ground tour cricket season northern line great game food outlets iconic venue sunny day
Reviewed 5 days ago

Our tour guide Paul was not just very knowledgable but also entertaining and it was a brilliant experience which I would recommend to any cricket fan. What a wonderful spce the Oval is - an oasis of calm in a busy area.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am fortunate to get ticket to witness Eng vs India test match. The stadium is beautiful, the field looked lush green and great place to witness live cricket action. The place had loads of options for food and drinks and the stadium is easily accessible by tube, National railway services and buses!!! Day well spent.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent tour, much more relaxed and informal than Lords or Wimbledon albeit a different set up. What a fantastic arena when the sun shines.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was just me (Peter) who went on this tour which cost only £15 and lasted for more than 90 minutes. As a Chelsea supporter, I have been on tours of Stamford Bridge, the Stadium of Light (Benfica's) and the Camp Nou (Barcelona) but the Oval Tour was without doubt the best I have experienced.

We - a group of about 30 people including children - were escorted around the ground by Paul who was ably assisted by Rupert who ensured that were no stragglers at the back getting lost.

This is not an exhaustive list but we visited: the Committee Room (where we started off with coffee and an initial view of the ground), the Long Room (which was set up for the Cricket Society's lunch that day - the food smelled great!), the Museum and Library, the away dressing room (the home dressing room was being used), the press room, the Sky TV rooms, the luxury lounges and various viewing areas. Throughout the tour we were all able to ask questions and receive knowledgeable answers plus there were several good photo opportunities. One of our party was an Australian from Canberra who had to put up with some gentle digging from Paul but all in good spirit, and I managed to take the Ozzie's photo for him on his smartphone with him standing in front of the Bradman Doors. We Poms are like that!

As the Oval is a major Test venue and not just a county cricket ground the tour is not focused only on Surrey CCC but covers international cricket nicely and appropriate attention is also given to women's cricket. Accordingly, I highly recommend it to all cricket-lovers. There is also a chance to see the oldest cricket bat in the world!

Reviewed October 4, 2018

We could not resist buying very last minute tickets to the Monday of the Test Match & it was worth it to see Alastair Cook's last innings, his ovation, & Joe Root's century. As always the atmosphere was brilliant, even more electric than normal given the occasion & our seats were pretty good (OCS) too. However, my daughter had trouble seeing over the head of the very tall chap in a hat immediately in front of her (she moved to a - fortunately - empty seat nearby). Shame the banked seating is not steeper or staggered. The only other niggle was that none of the hot drink concessions sells Earl Grey Tea (come on, this is Surrey!). But with the awesomeness of the day's cricket, we coped!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

We watched a very exciting day’s cricket. We had a very interesting tour of the grounds and club house, followed by a delicious afternoon tea. Lots of good memories to cherish.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

My wife and I went to the Oval to watch the 2nd day of the County Championship match between Surrey and Essex. We bought tickets on the day for £20 each but could have spent £15 each if we had bought them online beforehand. In terms of hours per pound this was excellent value, giving us ~7 hours of entertainment in lovely surroundings. The Oval is rich in cricket history and there were many notices/posters around the ground on the feats of Surrey and its players. The crowd were friendly and knowledgeable. The only downside for me, coming from Surrey, was Essex batted too well!

Very enjoyable and will return.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic weather and a great day at the Oval, People very friendly mixed with both supporters talking an having a wee dram .
Lots of places to eat and drink all on credit card and plenty of time to have lunch and a wonder round. Fish and Chips: Burgers , Homemade Pies etc. Champagne and Pimms. You can also buy a hamper with many goodies in it. Great atmosphère friendly staff.

Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

Treated husband for his birthday to a day at the Oval cricket club with a 3 course meal in the "Alcock" reataurant. We had received a call to say we had been allocated a lovely table. Well if sat in the corner with just the gas tower to view with no view of the cricket we were bitterly disappointed.
The menu choice was basic so I opted to skip the starter. Husband had leek and potato soup with a bread roll. It was "ok"
Mains was a carvery. We were amoung the first to the carvey and it was awful. ALL the veg and roast potatoes were stone cold. I explained to the staff that it was cold and asked for my food to be taken away. Five minutes later the staff informed us the chef had sent new veg down. This to was stone cold. Once again the staff asked if we were enjoying the new food and we informed them it was still cold. I assumed they microwaved some veg and brought it to us. The top couple of bits were warm but still the rest was cold. We both declined the dessert, paid and left.
We were both very let down and disappointed. Definately will not be returning to that restaurant

George W, Guest Relations Manager at The Kia Oval, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Good Afternoon Teresa,

We are sorry to hear of your experience in the Alcock restaurant. I would be very grateful if you'd be happy to speak with me further regarding this - could I ask you to email customerservice@surreycricket.com?

Thank you!

Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a feast of cricket in Surrey’s last county match of the season but specifically bought into the Virgin Experiences day where we had a full days worth of cricket with unreserved seating, behind the scenes Members’ Club and all-round stadium tour included with afternoon tea and champagne. Terrific day, terrific package. Wonderful day for it - we don’t like cricket, we love it.

Highly encourage anyone interested to take part in the tour. Our guide, Bob, lives and breathes cricket. Wonderful chap with expert knowledge.