Open today: Closed

Reviewed 6 days ago
Trondoc
Tonsberg, Norway
via mobile

All reviews mawson arms brewing process tasting session london pride great brewery working brewery brewery shop guide colin beer making beer tasting vintage ale fullers beers free tasting tasting room chiswick house great afternoon excellent guide
Reviewed 3 days ago

We enjoyed the Fuller Pubs during our visit last year, so we decided to book a tour of the brewery during our visit to London this year. The staff was warm & welcoming. Our tour guide "Sue" was very knowledgeable and took the time to thoroughly explain every step in the process, while making it fun and enjoyable. The tour ended with a fabulous tasting experience! Highly recommend this tour - you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

We got a insight into the brewery , its history and the different beers. At the end you can taste all the nearly 20 different beers. In the shop you can buy all their products and souvenirs.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We arrived at the Griffin brewery as a two. We walked from Stamford Brook underground station. I recommend getting a drink in the mawsons arms beforehand to get in the mood for Fuller’s.
No surprises that the tour revolves around the brewing process and our tour guide Colin was very informative and fun and you could tell had a passion for the beer! We got taken through the whole process and then got to taste an extensive range of Fuller’s beers!
I would recommend for all, there were groups, couples and international visitors too and all were well catered for!
For me it was like going to willy wonkas chocolate factory with a golden ticket! No oompah loompahs tho!
I give the tour my highest recommendation!
Ps walk down to the dove along the river afterwards for a beautiful experience.

1  Thank gminfo11
Reviewed 1 week ago

Firstly a mention to our guide Lisa I thought she was fantastic. A great knowledge and a wonderful ability to communicate. This was a really interesting tour explaining the process of beer production. Even better was the opportunity to sample the products at the end

1  Thank D5958EMdavid
Fuller S, Front Office Manager at Fuller's Griffin Brewery Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Many thanks for your review - I'll make sure that I pass your feedback to Lisa and it's good to know that the beer went down a treat! Hopefully there were a few in the Hock Cellar that you'd never tried!

Cheers and kind regards!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Educational tour, Colin was an excellent Guide, Fantastic beer tasting at the end of the tour.
Not included in the tour but thought you might like to know, we started off with lunch in the Mawson Arms, traditional London Pub attached to the brewery.
Good menu great food, excellent selection of drinks.
Then head off to the Brewery shop and wait for your guide.

Fuller S, General Manager at Fuller's Griffin Brewery Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Many thanks for your review, It's good to hear that you had a great Fuller's experience, it sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed yourself!

I'll make sure that your kind comments are passed on to everyone at the Mawson Arms - and, of course, Colin.

Cheers and kind regards!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sue was an excellent tour guide. Such an interesting and in depth tour of the brewery, followed by a great tasting experience. A great way to spend a few hours in London. Make sure to have lunch at the Mawson Arms afterward!

Fuller S, Front Office Manager at Fuller's Griffin Brewery Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Many thanks for your great review of our tour and tasting, I'll make sure that both Sue and the guys in the Mawson Arms are aware of your kind words - Cheers and kind regards!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We did the tour of Fuller's Brewery with the tasting option. There were about 12 other people in the group of all ages and places. Lisa was our guide and she was amazing, corny jokes and all! She was very knowledgable, made the experience quick and fun. The tour itself was about 45 minutes-hour, but the best part by far was the additional 30+ minutes at the end for full-sized, bottomless beer and cider tasting!

We loved it, but would not recommend for anyone that has issues with stairs or heat, both of which you'll experience while learning about the brewery and the brewing process.

Oh... and the Mawson Arms right next door has amazing meat pies!

Many thanks for your review, it's good to know that you had a great Fuller's experience! I'll make sure that Lisa and the guys in the Mawson Arms are aware of your kind words (especially Chef). Cheers and kind regards!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this tour on the recommendation of a friend who previously lived in London.
We were not disappointed. We had the last tour of the day (turns out there was a private tour after us) and were told the tour would be about 90 minutes, followed by tasting. I was wondering how in the world would a brewery tour take that long.

It did take about that long, because this was a very informative tour. There were informative panels and props along the way to help understand the process, how it has changed over the years, and the different types of beer you drink.

I now know why stout beer is so dark compared to the pale ales. And about the beer in cask vs keg vs bottles. Warning: if you're vegan, you better check your draft beer :)

During the tour we were able to taste the difference in malts used to make the beer. And, the beer tasting at the end was amazing. I'm from California, and when we go on winery tours, or cheese tours, they give you a fixed number of tiny portions to taste. This tasting was a full pull from the draft -- about 1/3 pint. And, you were able to taste multiple selections to compare and contrast. They also had their cider available for tasting.

Our guide, Davey? (on the back of his vest was Daffydd -- I think) gave a wonderful history of the brewery and answered multiple questions when asked -- even when he'd already talked about something.

Specifics:
Booking: You can book the tour online.
Getting there: We took the underground to the Ravenscourt Park Station and then had a 20 minute walk. I'm sure you can taxi there too.
Shopping: They recently opened a store where you can get t-shirts, glasses or mugs, gift packs and bottles of beer, plus other trinkets to take home :)
Note: We did transport home a bottle of their Vintage Ale.

Bonus: Walk to the end of the South Chiswick Road and the Thames is there for viewing.

Many thanks for your review, it's very satisfying to hear from people such as yourself who travel many miles to visit, and thank you for mentioning our refurbished shop - beautiful, isn't it? I'll also make sure that Dafydd knows about your kind words - Cheers and kind regards!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

did this tour a couple of years ago with a friend of mine, but as my son wanted to see the area where I came from (born and bred in Chiswick) I decided to book the tour again. We were a small group who; I think all enjoyed the company of our tour guide Jill. A lot of things have been updated since that last time I was here, which only improved the experience, which of course finishes with the tasting, again absolutely no complaints here.

Many thanks for your review, and greetings to you from one also born and bred in Chiswick! I'll make sure that Jill knows about your kind words. We have gone to great pains to make sure that our updates are absolutely right and it's good to know that you approve of them - Cheers and kind regards!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is the second time I toured the Fuller's Brewery and it did not disappoint. Sue was our guide and she was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. She went into great detail of the brewing process as well as the history of the brewery. We had about twenty minutes to taste beer at the end of the tour and it would have been nice to have a little more time. It is definitely worth the journey to the brewery if you enjoy beer!

Many thanks for your review, it's always good to hear from someone who's been here before - each of our guides have a different way of presenting and all have different stories to tell. I'll make sure that Sue knows about your kind words and your feedback about the end of the tour will be used to improve our offering. Cheers and kind regards!