“Very good Vegetarian South Indian”
Review of Sagar

Sagar
Ranked #2,511 of 23,697 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: We Sagar chain of Restaurants in London for the past sixteen years.Our chefs are from Udupi, a small town in the coastal region of the Western Ghats, about 360km from Bangalore in karnataka. At a famous temple there is an idol of Lord Krishna richly adorned in jewels. The town is a knowledged centre for authentic South Indian Cuisine. Udupi chefs are renowned for the cooking of the traditional South Indian Vegetarian food. Sagar is a Restaurant that is recognised as a breaking new ground in the presentation of South Indian Vegetarian dishes, including some which are new to this country. Also we are specialised in cooking vegan, onion and garlic free food.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I am vegan and I love south Indian food so I was definitely happy to find Sager close by when I was looking for a restaurant to have dinner in. There were 4 of us so we had a taste of many of the dishes and most were extremely tasty. I believe they adjust the dishes to British taste as the spices were very mild in comparison to restaurants in India or even in California but still wonderful food. Enjoyed the Dosas and especially the Biryani that was more of a Pilau than a Biryani but still very very tasty.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Ordered a couple of basic Thalis for a business lunch with a foodie and we weren't disappointed. Food arrived quickly, was hot and fresh and a well balanced and tasty dish. It wasn't the most exotic thali I have ever had, but at less than £15 for a complete meal, was great value for Central London.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Finding an authentic,good value south asian restaurant in the middle of tourist London isn't easy but the secret is out when it comes to Sagar. Bengali focus,wonderful dosas,efficient and helpful service and extremely good value.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

startes and main course were simply delicious and the service was impeccable! We'll return next time and we will pass on the address to our friends! If possible: make a reservation!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been here a couple of times now on trips to London and it never disappoints. I love the variety of the dishes and the food is just brilliant - I particularly loved the Aloo Papadi Chat. The service was super fast too, despite the restaurant being full to the brim.

The best thing is the price! Such good value for money and in Covent Garden too. Highly recommend!