Tripadvisor
London
Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience
Book In Advance
Tours from Jeff Wayne's The War Of The Worlds: The Immersive Experience tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around London
from $64.97
from $89.25
from $46.07
from $32.48
More Info
All reviews virtual reality themed bar live action hg wells real actors balloon ride hot air balloon musical version motion sickness head sets minute break special effects brilliant experience their roles front of house christmas present money well spent
Selected filters
Reviewed January 21, 2020

I've always been a fan of the music and so when I saw adverts for this on Facebook, I was intreagued. Anyway, I managed to get a slot booked for a visit to London and turned up not quite knowing what to expect as previous reviews and YouTube clips don't give much away.
So, I wanted to review without spoiling it.
There's a bar at the start and end and also one in the middle (Only takes card payments so take one in with you) but I didn't use either so can't really comment. There's a locker system where you are given a plastic card to access a locker and store all your stuff, no charge so this was great as I had bags and a coat with me.
As the fighting machine spewed red smoke in the bar (My colour of wristband) it was time to start and off we went through a door down a smoky dark back street with an actor that explained that we were going to experience the martian attack as it happened told by the reports from the journalist.
There were then about 15-20 different sections before we reached the end. A fantastic mixture of simulators, VR headsets, smoke, projections, holograms, water & wind effects, fire and of course live actors then followed.
Essentially, we followed the story of the album with the music accompanying us as we went. I was expecting it to be loud but it wasn't so don't expect rock concert, more background music but it was fine.
The actors were excellent. There was interaction but wasn't uncomfortable or forced upon us. One of the team was chosed as our leader and referred to throughout but if you don't like this sort of thing, it is not something to put you off, just let others step forward who relish it more. I didn't step forward but was in the right place when the artilliary man needed a towel to stop the flow of blood in his wound and the first-aider in me didn't hesitate to pass him one.
There were a couple of places where the smoke felt quite heavy but they were OK. There were also a couple of bits that were mildly scary but nothing that has made me wake up screaming since.
There's a metal slide and a couple of places where you have to climb through a hole in a wall or a window. I'm on the larger size but had no issues. Just wear sensible trainers or shoes and I'd advise avoiding high heels or a skirt.
The highlight for me was one of the VR bits where you had a backpack on as well as the visor and we were all let loose in a room that through the VR looked like a ballroom and we had to make our way through it, through a door and onto a bridge over a river. All around you could see the other members of the team but as characters in the experience and if you lifted your hands, you could see them in the VR as your characters hands. Very wierd to do this for the first time and I was scared of walking into a wall or other people but it all seemed to work out OK.
So, would I go again, yes absolutely. It wasn't cheap (Around £50 with a voucher I found) but I though the experience was excellent value for money and I would definitely like to go again but with a load of people I know rather than on my own.

1  Thank PeteSturgess
Reviewed January 20, 2020

The experience is absolutely amazing, even better if you love WOTW and still enjoyable I am sure if you dont!
A great mix of live action, virtual reality and cinematic viewing
In groups of 12 we were lead round as survivors of the Martian invasion and made to feel like we were all part of it, words dont do it justice, you have to do it!
Many thanks to Lewis for helping us with our photos and merchandise after, but all in all everyone was amazing!

Reviewed January 20, 2020

If you want to experience the leading edge of entertainment, go to see this. It's a combination of actors/practical effects with VR. The whole experience is about two hours and is worth it. Be sure to book a time online in advance.

The story is like a rock sequel to War of the Worlds. Keep in mind that it is based on a 70s rock musical of the story. So part seems life like and part seems fanciful with rock music.

The ride is worth it. Enjoy every minute.

1  Thank angmohgao
Reviewed January 20, 2020

Brilliant. Staff amazing, first with VR, loved that we interacted with the actors. My daughter went with me and didn't know the story and enjoyed the experience. BOOK it now would go again

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Never seen anything like this before, its like nothing else. A really exhilarating experience. Like a cross between a theme park ride and going to the theatre.